Should Teachers Be Allowed To Express Political Beliefs?

Another question might be raised about the necessity for militant unions in government (and education).

It's an anti-capitalist mindset which also funds and supports left wing politics and politicians.

"Give me four years to teach the children and the seed I have sown will never be uprooted".

- Vladimir Lenin

How right he was!

1 minute ago, trastrick said:

Another question might be raised about the necessity for militant unions in government (and education).

It's an anti-capitalist mindset which also funds and supports left wing politics and politicians.

"Give me four years to teach the children and the seed I have sown will never be uprooted".

- Vladimir Lenin

How right he was!

Except that there's a national curriculum which is rigidly prescriptive.

Besides, you can't stop people being in trade unions

I was thinking of "public servants" who run a duly elected "non profit" organization for the benefit of common folks.

Not a "trade" union striking against General Electric or Ford!  :)

3 minutes ago, Anna B said:

At one time I used to teach tinies. I used to teach them to be kind, help each other, and share things.

Is that leftwing indoctrination? 

As long as you teach them not to be taken advantage, of by opportunistic ne'er do wells?

They should not grow up believing that everybody is kind, sharing, and helping each other.

That's not the real World they will inherit.

11 minutes ago, Anna B said:

At one time I used to teach tinies. I used to teach them to be kind, help each other, and share things.

Is that leftwing indoctrination? 

Hmmm... :huh:

"It's interesting that we use the word 'teach' when it's something we agree with...

... but use the word 'indoctrinate' when it's something we disagree with." - Mr Bloke 2022 :)

51 minutes ago, Mr Bloke said:

"It's interesting that we use the word 'teach' when it's something we agree with...

... but use the word 'indoctrinate' when it's something we disagree with." - Mr Bloke 2022 :)

I've just learned something.

1 hour ago, Mr Bloke said:

"Use the word 'Teach' when its in the curriculum....

...but then use the word 'Indoctrinate' when its just some far left activist teachers wet dream" - Jack Grey 2022