Should Teachers Be Allowed To Express Political Beliefs?

53 minutes ago, Jack Grey said:

Yeah i think we can all guess what side of the argument a leftie teacher will fall on that conflict

Id bet my house it wont be on Israel's side

Parents just chose a school with good results, should they also chose a school that favours Israel?

The way i see it is that certain sections of modern society have brought this upon themselves.

I've seen plenty of videos where a teacher is talking/preaching about a subject and, when a pupil offers an alternative view, the pupil is shut down for being -ist/-phobic/privileged etc.

Either all thoughts and opinions are allowed and can be discussed or none at all.

Where do you learn the basics of politics if not at school?

It's a pretty important subject that has an effect on us all.

Yes, it should be delivered in a neutral form, and it would be interesting to see what kids can find out for themselves doing ttheir own research. Maybe then we'd get an idea of the scale of the problem.

8 hours ago, alchresearch said:

In the 80s we had several teachers push their Labour beliefs onto us  (especially during the strike years in the 80s)

But they were preaching to the choir, we lived in a strong Labour area, our parents voted Labour, as did theirs.

Late 70s for me but very similar story