Kell Brook Should Be Given Some Recognition By Sheffield?

ab6262

35 minutes ago, Padders said:

Agree, and don't forget all the punch ups at the weigh ins.

All designed to put bums on seats at inflated prices, all a big con.

of course its a business and thats what people paid to see a good old punch up and thats what they got and they enjoyed it , cant understand the anti!!!! on here if you dont like it title or not dont watch!! let us all enjoy it no con here.

Guest busdriver1

If these2 guys did this in fargate on Saturday night they would be banged up and rightly so, but put them in a boxing ring and pay them loads of money and we want buildings named after them?

Please explain why?

He doesn't deserve recognition for this alone, it was just for both to make a bit of money. I'm sure United could name a stand for him if people want him recognised.

I don't follow boxing too much though so if he has done things previously over his career that deserves recognition then fair enough.

On 26/02/2022 at 10:35, busdriver1 said:

If these2 guys did this in fargate on Saturday night they would be banged up and rightly so, but put them in a boxing ring and pay them loads of money and we want buildings named after them?

Please explain why?

👏  Well said

Guest makapaka
On 26/02/2022 at 10:35, busdriver1 said:

Please explain why?

It’s a regulated skilful and challenging sport and has been for years  - it’s not streetfighting after a night out in the pub.

if I started throwing a javelin down fargate on a weekend I’d probably get locked up aswell.

what a daft comment.

If Lewis Hamilton drove up & down Fargate at 210mph on Saturday night he would be banged up and rightly so, but put him in his working environment and pay him loads of money and we want to call him the joint most successful Formula 1 driver of all time?

Please explain why?

Guest busdriver1

7 hours ago, makapaka said:

It’s a regulated skilful and challenging sport and has been for years  - it’s not streetfighting after a night out in the pub.

if I started throwing a javelin down fargate on a weekend I’d probably get locked up aswell.

what a daft comment.

Thats your opinion and you are entitled to it. I have mine and it is different to yours. Any polite person would accept that.

Edited by busdriver1

2 hours ago, busdriver1 said:

Thats your opinion and you are entitled to it. I have mine and it is different to yours. Any polite person would accept that.

What's opinion?

Boxing is a regulated skillful and challenging sport and bares absolutely no comparison to two thugs swapping fists after a night on the lash.