Free Energy.

15 minutes ago, Bargepole23 said:

Right now, gas is generating 6.59GW of power. Thats 32 million people pedalling at 200W.

According to Strava I generate about 150W on an average ride (Sheffield, with inclines)

Offset the difference with some reductions in energy use (you won't need the heating high if you're cycling on the spot) and it could be feesible 

4 minutes ago, RootsBooster said:

Are you fat though?

Certainly not !!!

People use electric lawnmowers these days.. wasting electricity.

When I was a lad they weren't invented, we used a hand pushed mower.. just another good example at what I'm trying to say.

12 minutes ago, RootsBooster said:

According to Strava I generate about 150W on an average ride (Sheffield, with inclines)

Offset the difference with some reductions in energy use (you won't need the heating high if you're cycling on the spot) and it could be feesible 

How is having 32 million people constantly pedalling at any one time in any way feasible?

2 minutes ago, Padders said:

Certainly not !!!

When I was a lad they weren't invented, we used a hand pushed mower.. just another good example at what I'm trying to say.

I would argue  that it's completely different to what you orginally said. Encouraging people to use less electricity, gas and other natural resources is one thing, and a very good thing. Suggesting we use millions of tonnes of resource to manufacture, install and connect to the grid loads of things which would be left unused for most of their life is quite another.

6 minutes ago, Padders said:

Certainly not !!!

Hmmm... :huh:

I wonder if it would be feasible to supply a free pet sheep to anyone on Jobseeker's Allowance? :confused:

58 minutes ago, Padders said:

I've had a torch many years, you wind a handle attached to the torch for a couple of mins, and you have instant light.

No batteries to dispose off, just free energy...

Hello Padders, I have one of these 'shaky Torches (some where).

You shake them up and down vigorously for a while and have light till the the thing wilts and dies.

Never used it myself -  too busy having baby's 🥴 🙃 👶 🤣

Interested ? 

See the source image .

Keep safe 8)

1 hour ago, Padders said:

Why can't the government set up Gyms in every locality, the equipment used in these Gyms could be converted into energy producing machines.

People are suffering after the pandemic with mental issues as well as losing a hell of a lot of general fitness.

I like the idea of getting fit with purpose whether it be cycling to work or volunteering for litter picking or trail maintenance.

It doesn't have to be a big group two or three people can strike up a conversation whilst keep busy in the community.

If you work out the costs of the equipment and the amount you are going to generate onto the grid it could be worth looking at on a small scale at Heeley City Farm as a environmental and education resource.

1 minute ago, Rockers rule said:

Hello Padders, I have one of these 'shaky Torches (some where).

You shake them up and down vigorously for a while and have light till the the thing wilts and dies.

Never used it myself -  too busy having baby's 🥴 🙃 👶 🤣

Interested ? 

See the source image .

Keep safe 8)

Not interested Rocker,

Stopped shaking things vigorously a while ago.