Dial House & Working Men's Clubs In Sheffield

unperson

Hi there, 

I am a composer from Sheffield and I am doing a project on 'club associations'.  I grew up 2 minutes away from Dial House in Wisewood and I am very interested in getting in touch with people who have memories of it. There was an amazing film made about Dial House in the 60s which blew my mind, it was an extremely popular and renowned place at this time. When I grew up it was ran mainly as a youth club, and now it has been turned into flats; which is so often the case with entertainment spaces. I am very much interested in working men's clubs and have set up a very short call out sheet in an attempt to gain some responses on people's club associations. If you have a memory of Dial House or any other working men's club in Sheffield, it would be great to get your thoughts. 

Here is a link to the sheet which you can fill out; https://forms.gle/m9tt31hUkM6gzd5R9 but please also feel free to contact me or reply here if you would like to share a story or two.