Gender Neutral Toilets

1 hour ago, The_DADDY said:

From today.

https://www.express.co.uk/showbiz/tv-radio/1569949/This-Morning-row-gender-neutral-toilet-debate

What's your view?

My two peneth. It's a terrible idea. Most men would probably be OK with it  but I'd wager the majority of women would object. Speaking to my daughter about it she says she would point blank refuse to use a toilet where there is even a slight risk a make would walk in.

I don't blame her either.

Your two peneth!  your only suppose to spend a penny,  :hihi:

37 minutes ago, West 77 said:

You might not care what toilet a transgender person uses but there are many females who don't want blokes dressed up as women using the same toilet as they use.  

If someone has gone from pole to hole what’s it matter which toilet they use ?

1 hour ago, Mister M said:

It doesn't particularly bother me.

Years ago at the halls of residence I was in the toilets and bathrooms could be used by males and females, though everything was cubicled so it didn't matter.

The only time where it has bothered me was when I was on holiday in North Yorkshire the changing rooms were unisexed and cubicled, but the shower area was open plan so I couldn't take my trunks off to clean myself without the risk of a female swimmer walking by!

Surely you were tempted to " helicopter "😀

1 hour ago, PRESLEY said:

Your two peneth!  your only suppose to spend a penny,  :hihi:

🤣😂🤣

1 hour ago, West 77 said:

You might not care what toilet a transgender person uses but there are many females who don't want blokes dressed up as women using the same toilet as they use.  

Rather bluntly put but I'd say that is probably accurate. 

1 hour ago, West 77 said:

Males who aren't transgender could dress up as women and peep over the top of the toilet,  or if one woman is in the toilet they could be at risk of harassment.

1 hour ago, rudds1 said:

If someone has gone from pole to hole what’s it matter which toilet they use ?

I'd rather agree with that.

It's become a hugely controversial, and toxic area, and I won't pretend to know or understand all the nuances of the debate, but I'd be more than happy for a female to male transgender person to use traditional single sex facilities. 

There seems to be a small, and highly vocal contingent of women who seem dead set against male to female transgender people sharing their space, which I don't understand....Particularly as many of this vocal group of women fought for years for equality and to be treated with dignity.

Though I do understand the skepticism of people simply 'self identifying' as one thing or another, without any genuine illness

Edited by Mister M

2 minutes ago, Mister M said:

I'd rather agree with that.

It's become a hugely controversial, and toxic area, and I won't pretend to know or understand all the nuances of the debate, but I'd be more than happy for a female to male transgender person to use traditional single sex facilities. 

There seems to be a small, and highly vocal contingent of women who seem dead set against male to female transgender people sharing their space, which I don't understand.....

Yup , that door swings both ways :thumbsup: