Gender Neutral Toilets

2 hours ago, trastrick said:

I wasn't talking about Wembley, Lol

But here,  a marginal street front restaurant (and they make up the vast majority of restaurants here),  which is very convenient to its customers for morning coffee, would have to close. if, as in some overregulated society, the poor old lady that runs it,  had to build another toilet (maybe with wheelchair access)

The locals wouldn't allow it.

They're funny like that about their freedoms.  :)

And rightly so.

2 hours ago, Jim Hardie said:

A 50% increase would be great news for Armitage Shanks. 

And plenty of work for more government inspectors, I dare say! And washroom attendants to ensure there were no "breaches of regulations."

You'd lose your license if you didn't couldn't afford to build one in your working class cafe.

McDonalds wins again!

I must say it's rather interesting to see so many men standing up against the erosion of spaces for bodies with vaginas (© The Lancet).

There's quite the discussion to be had, and some of the topics are even not quite so knee jerkingly hair trigger as this one: sport, prisons, rape crisis centres, healthcare, attitudes towards lesbians' choice of partner, publishing.  Careful though; it's really quite surprising just who brings the whiff of misogyny these days.

It's all a  confusing business!

I had to look up "transgender" and here's what it says!

": of, relating to, or being a person whose gender identity differs from the sex the person had or was identified as having at birth, especially : of, relating to, or being a person whose gender identity is opposite the sex the person had or was identified as having at birth"

I see no problem with folks living their life as a woman or a man, and they can chose a male or female toilet.

But how many special toilets will be needed to satisfy the ones who self identify as neither?

There's some 71 genders identified so far, and some who are "varient" meaning they fluctuate between them all.

With Russia, China, and Islam salivating at the thought of swallowing up your allies, you want to fiddle with this nonsense?

Good luck!

1 hour ago, trastrick said:

And plenty of work for more government inspectors, I dare say! And washroom attendants to ensure there were no "breaches of regulations."

You'd lose your license if you didn't couldn't afford to build one in your working class cafe.

McDonalds wins again!

When I worked in West Germany forty odd years ago, the washroom attendants were always women. After the first mouth open moment, it all seemed perfectly normal.
I would imagine they’ll have a much more relaxed attitude on the continent to trannies using the regular toilets.

4 hours ago, West 77 said:

I'm not disputing the fact that some females don't have a problem with blokes dressed as women sharing their same washroom facilities but it's a fact not all females are comfortable with that scenario. Just because you see plenty of females touching up their makeup in areas surrounded by men doesn't mean all females do the same and that blokes should be allowed to invade what were once traditional female only areas.

There you are again with your insulting and quite frankly disgusting cliches. You really need to wise up on what transgender actually means.

I don't give a toss about traditionally 'female only' areas in the same way as I don't give a toss that pubs traditionally had segregated areas where men can be men drinking their pints and women can be women sitting on the comfy chairs doing crochet and drinking their sherry.

The world has moved on it's about time some people drag themselves along with it.

I say again, everyone wants and should have privacy when they are doing something intimate like using the toilet but that does not mean there is any need for such facility to be segregated. It can be perfectly well designed as a closed-up room for anyone to use it anytime.

It is a toilet.   A receptacle for disposing of human waste. Nothing more nothing less.

1 hour ago, trastrick said:

But how many special toilets will be needed to satisfy the ones who self identify as neither?

There's some 71 genders identified so far, and some who are "varient" meaning they fluctuate between them all.

One.  Its called a gender neutral toilet.

I know for some people on this thread my next statement is  going to be mind-blowing.......a toilet still works the same way whether it's a male or female arse sat on it.   A urinal does exactly the same thing  irrelevant of whether the golden stream comes from a male or female.

Edited by ECCOnoob

5 hours ago, West 77 said:

I'm not disputing the fact that some females don't have a problem with blokes dressed as women sharing their same washroom facilities but it's a fact not all females are comfortable with that scenario. Just because you see plenty of females touching up their makeup in areas surrounded by men doesn't mean all females do the same and that blokes should be allowed to invade what were once traditional female only areas.

People adapt. 

Many changing rooms are now cubicled for both men and women,  rather than being open plan and single sexed. Changes are afoot so that toileting facilities can be the same. I don't see why some people have a problem with this, unless they're prejudiced, bigoted and don't like change.

If you think that some women aren't comfortable with touching up their make up in public, then tell them to wait while they get home to do it. 

I've said before, if I'm using a single sex changing room that's open plan, I'm more than happy to share that place with a female to male transgender person. Why shouldn't a male to female transgender person use a female changing room? just don't see the problem.

Edited by Mister M