Kyle Rittenhouse Set To Sue!

47 minutes ago, Magilla said:

Estimates, based on the damages he could realistically have expected, are in the 100's of thousands.

Given the context, Rittenhouses' case is more akin to George Zimmermans...

...very few similarities between the Rittenhouse & Sandmmann cases (IMHO).

Who's estimates?

The only similarity between the Rittenhouse & Sandmann cases are that two innocent young men, who's lives were changed by Giant Corporate MSM libel and character assassination, won their cases.

And showed the World you don't have to take that S**T. from the powers that be. :)

I applaud them.

This stuff is why:

CNN Lost 90 Percent of Its Audience 
Jan 14, 2022 — CNN Lost 90 Percent of Its Audience ... Who would have ever guessed that smug, joyless anchors spewing lies, bigotry, hate, violence, and ...

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/2022/01/14/cnn_lost_90_percent_of_its_audience_560671.html

CNN Journalists Resign Over Reckless Russia-Trump Storyhttps://theintercept.com › 2017/06/27 › cnn-journalists-...
Jun 27, 2017 — U.S. media outlets have repeatedly been caught publishing exaggerations and falsehoods about Moscow. That behavior is dangerous.

The Washington Post corrects, removes parts of two stories ...https://www.washingtonpost.com › style › 2021/11/12
Nov 12, 2021 — New reporting and the recent indictment of a dossier contributor led The Post to decide it could no longer stand by the stories.

Edited by trastrick

13 minutes ago, Jack Grey said:

You could pick a fight in an empty room 

I really hope your not a heavy drinker 🤨

We know who they are:

Can't deal with reality, after their fake MSM narratives and conspiracy theories explode!

The good part is there is more exposure of this crapola to come.

Edited by trastrick

14 minutes ago, trastrick said:

We know who they are:

Can't deal with reality, after their fake MSM narratives and conspiracy theories explode!

The good part is there is more exposure of this crapola to come.

I really dont understand what argument they were trying to start 🙄

I posted something saying that Rittenhouse is going to sue the MSM just like Sandmann did and they start trying to pull apart what i said by totally ignoring anything i said and started inventing things i didnt say

I dont think they have anything to say what theyre trying to do is divert attention away from what is being said by flooding the thread with gibberish

Edited by Jack Grey

39 minutes ago, Jack Grey said:

I really dont understand what argument they were trying to start 🙄

I posted something saying that Rittenhouse is going to sue the MSM just like Sandmann did and they start trying to pull apart what i said by totally ignoring anything i said and started inventing things i didnt say

I dont think they have anything to say what theyre trying to do is divert attention away from what is being said by flooding the thread with gibberish

It's called trolling!

I've been dealing with it since the old bulletin board days, and Usenet, before there was a WWW, back in the 80's

I've had best in the business, real pros, after me on the NYT, Washington Post, The Hill, Discovery Science blogs and I prevailed, to retire to this little, basically anonymous, and inconsequential, corner of the World, SF.

If all else fails, they'll  pick apart  your spelling and argue about semantics what "is" is, and resort to name calling. Anything to avoid dealing with the content. Snarky one line insults and piling on, are their main tools.

These are not places, where a conservative view is welcomed, and certainly not a place to be "popular" and even when events prove them wrong, they hate you even more!  :)

Edited by trastrick

Trolling to my mind is those sad individuals who maliciously target people with baseless accusations and comments.

Popularly used by some for racial abuse or whatever poison they decide to direct ,largely anonymously.

At one time they would have been composing their poison pen letters.

Then there are others who adopt a devils advocate approach to pose a counter view which can be a legitimate way of widening a discussion.

Then there are those dismissed as trolls because they genuinely hold a different view.

” THEY” exist on all sides of any discussion.

I hope you are not accusing me of "racial" poison?

Lol

And nobody who sincerely posts a different view is considered a troll.

A snarky one liner insult, with piling on hahahahahah's from his like minded pals on the other hand......

Lol

The only similarity between the Rittenhouse & Sandmann cases are that two innocent young men, who's lives were changed by Giant Corporate MSM libel and character assassination, won their cases.

Not even that! :roll:

Sandmanns life was changed by character assassination, which is why he got a payout...

...Rittenhouse's was changed by his own actions, which is why he will struggle to do the same.

There's no real similarity at all :?

And showed the World you don't have to take that S**T. from the powers that be. :)

I applaud them.

Sure, when it's what you consider a leftist source...

...when it's one from the right doing the muck spreading... you can't stop repeating it, even after the source has lost in court and/or made huge payouts! :thumbsup: :hihi:

Edited by Magilla

1 hour ago, trastrick said:

I've had best in the business, real pros, after me on the NYT, Washington Post, The Hill, Discovery Science blogs and I prevailed, to retire to this little, basically anonymous, and inconsequential, corner of the World, SF.

Not sure highlighting what a gullible snowflake you are, counts as "prevailing"! :thumbsup:

Defamation lawsuits[edit]

The Washington Post[edit]

Sandmann's family retained lawyers who, in February 2019, filed a US$250 million defamation lawsuit on behalf of Sandmann against The Washington Post.[98][99] The suit accuses the Post of publishing seven "false and defamatory articles".[100][101][102][103][104][105][106] The complaint alleged that the Post wanted to lead a "mainstream and social media mob of bullies which attacked, vilified, and threatened" Sandmann, that the Post wrongfully targeted and bullied Sandmann "because he was the white, Catholic student wearing a red 'Make America Great Again' souvenir cap on a school field trip" and that the Post "knew and intended that its allegedly defamatory accusations would be republished by others."[100] A spokeswoman for The Washington Post announced that the paper would defend itself against the lawsuit.[98]

The lawsuit against The Washington Post was initially dismissed on July 26, 2019, because the plaintiff's claims that he was falsely accused of racist conduct "is not supported by the plain language in the article", and that otherwise the published material was opinion, protected by the First Amendment.[107][108] After Sandmann's lawyers amended the complaint, the suit was reopened on October 28, 2019.[109] The judge stood by his earlier decision that 30 of the Post's 33 statements targeted by the complaint were not libelous, but agreed that a further review was required for three statements that "state that (Sandmann) 'blocked' Nathan Phillips and 'would not allow him to retreat'".[110] On July 24, 2020, The Washington Post settled the lawsuit with Sandmann. The terms of the settlement have not been made public.[15]

CNN[edit]

Sandmann's lawyers filed a second lawsuit on his behalf against CNN on March 12, 2019, seeking US$275 million in damages,[111] for allegedly "vicious" and "direct attacks" towards Sandmann. On January 7, 2020, the lawsuit was settled. The terms of the settlement have not been made public.[112][113]

NBCUniversal[edit]

A third lawsuit was filed on May 1, 2019, seeking US$275 million defamation lawsuit on behalf of Sandmann against NBCUniversal. On November 22, 2019, a judge rejected NBC's attempt to dismiss the lawsuit against it.[114] The lawsuit was settled on December 17, 2021, with Sandmann stating that the terms of the settlement were confidential.[16]

Other media lawsuits[edit]

Other lawsuits have been filed against The New York Times, Rolling Stone, ABC, and CBS.[115]

Public figures[edit]

On August 2, 2019, a suit was filed against a dozen public figures seeking $1.4–4.8 million, on behalf of eight unnamed students who claim defamation. Of those figures, the suits against Senator Elizabeth Warren and Representative Deb Haaland were dismissed based on the principle of legislative immunity.[116][117][118][119][120][121][122]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/January_2019_Lincoln_Memorial_confrontation