Looking For Fred Kent

Hi Rob.

I have replied on PM but not sure if its gone through.

I remember the PE teacher, Derek (the slipper) Hedley.

He used to dish it out on a regular basis, usually with out a reason and Fred and me were usually the spot ball,

I cant recall Barry  do you have his second name and where he lived when we were at school.

Sorry to hear about Freds sister Jean. Did he also have a brother, I think he was called Harry but not sure.

Regards

John

• 2 months later...

Hi 

My name is Carol and I'm  sorry to hear about your dad. I met your dad in Skegness  in 1969 I was 14 I lived in low edges. We went out for about two months. My dad was shocked when he  saw Fred with his long hair and motor bike! I was told never to go on the bike but I did. When I met your dad he said his name was Fred I thought he was kidding so I told him my name was freda. Imagine my horror when Jean told me they did call him Fred. I had to tell him my real name. 

Your grandma was very nice to me and gave me my bus fare to get home even though I told her I didn't need it. I could catch the 42 bus from lowedges to southey Green Road. He tattooed my name near his thumb but I saw him a few years after and he had blocked it out. He used to take me to the railway pub. I remember John St. clair too. The memories came flooding back. Happy short time we had. Nice man. 

Hi Carol,

Sorry I don't remenber you but that could be my age.

I was really gutted to hear about Fred just wish I had tried to contact him earlier.

I used to go to Skegness with Fred around 1968

My parents also lived in Lowedges on main road opposite school.

If we met around 1969 can you remember where as I left Parson Cross in November 69 when I got married.

Hi it might have been 1968 it was a long time ago. I think he just called you sinclair if I remember correctly. I must have either met you in the railway pub or at its house they were the only places we went!! He came to my house a few times. He used a needle tied to a match stick to do his tattoos I can remember that. Any way it was nice to be rembered about that time in my life. 

On 31/07/2022 at 23:19, finley said:

Hi 

My name is Carol and I'm  sorry to hear about your dad. I met your dad in Skegness  in 1969 I was 14 I lived in low edges. We went out for about two months. My dad was shocked when he  saw Fred with his long hair and motor bike! I was told never to go on the bike but I did. When I met your dad he said his name was Fred I thought he was kidding so I told him my name was freda. Imagine my horror when Jean told me they did call him Fred. I had to tell him my real name. 

Your grandma was very nice to me and gave me my bus fare to get home even though I told her I didn't need it. I could catch the 42 bus from lowedges to southey Green Road. He tattooed my name near his thumb but I saw him a few years after and he had blocked it out. He used to take me to the railway pub. I remember John St. clair too. The memories came flooding back. Happy short time we had. Nice man. 

Hi Carol, thanks for replying. 

It was lovely reading that. I’m still in shock that he’s gone. I’ll just never believe it. He was the most amazing Dad to me. 

We always laughed at that tattoo, and honestly, it wasn’t blocked out. It was faded, but it was always there. My Mom even shared a joke about it when we went to see him in hospital for the final time. She even picked up his hand to show me. So it was definitely there, 100%. 

If there’s anything else that you’d like to share, that would be nice.

Thanks.