Things I Did As A Kid That Would Be Frowned On Now.

Firing an air pistol at your friends from an upstairs window as they ran around the garden with metal dustbin lids as shields 😱  It seemed great fun at the time but in hindsight incredibly dangerous! Hearing the ping as a pellet hit one of the lids was a highlight at the time, luckily no-one got injured.   

10 hours ago, simonj said:

Firing an air pistol at your friends from an upstairs window as they ran around the garden with metal dustbin lids as shields 😱  It seemed great fun at the time but in hindsight incredibly dangerous! Hearing the ping as a pellet hit one of the lids was a highlight at the time, luckily no-one got injured.   

Remember my "pellet gun" think it was a Diana, it worked of a spring , you pushed the barrel of the gun in and loaded it with the ammunition...

I used to think I was John Wayne...

Once downed an overhead pigeon.

2 hours ago, Padders said:

Remember my "pellet gun" think it was a Diana, it worked of a spring , you pushed the barrel of the gun in and loaded it with the ammunition...

I think think that was a Gat pistol Paddy. Also know as a pop out. Had many nasty bruises from those 

13 hours ago, Padders said:

I'm sure mine was a Diana as well and it definitely loaded the way you describe.

Tuesday nights at Top Rank and. Sunday afternoons at Heartbeat finished when I started work at 15. Replaced by under age drinking at Crazy Daisy, Cavendish etc. and additional job working behind bar at Top Rank aged 16 to fund first girls holiday to Spain. Different world now when my 15 year old granddaughter  has to be put on and met off the bus 

On 03/03/2022 at 11:40, hackey lad said:

I think think that was a Gat pistol Paddy. Also know as a pop out. Had many nasty bruises from those 

The gun you are describing was the Diana SP50. You pushed the barrel in and unscrewed a plug at the rear to load the ammo. I got one for my tenth or eleventh birthday off my dad. The Gat was probably the cheapest gun available but worked the same way.

On 01/03/2022 at 20:05, hackey lad said:

Ever been a kid ?

Try as I might I cannot see the point of this inane question.

I was simply pointing out that all the dangerous activities people are so ardently advocating would have been frowned upon by our parents' generation too. There was nothing harder about the way we were brought up, what we did was just as unconscionable then as it is now.