Lateral Flow Tests

2 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Yes it sounds very odd. So you do the test, it shows up negative, but you still have to take it in for them to test again? Bonkers.

And they wonder why its cost billions.

My mistake they are not lateral flow tests I do, they are the ones where you tickle your throat then up your nostril and then you put it in a small bottle and take it to the lab. Sorry if I caused any confusion

Just now, Kidorry said:

My mistake they are not lateral flow tests I do, they are the ones where you tickle your throat then up your nostril and then you put it in a small bottle and take it to the lab. Sorry if I caused any confusion

Right so a PCR then, yes that makes more sense.

Just now, dan_999uk said:

Honesty and personal responsibility, rather than goodwill. 

Its the same thing truth be told. Once these tests become chargeable less people will be willing to do them. A bit like when Wordle goes behind a paywall ;)

35 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Question. Do they ask for proof you have done one? And if so, how? 

We did until a change in policy on 28th Feb.

Either asked to see the app etc where they’re reported the result, or the actual test itself.

Now we just inform visitors when they make an appointment that they have to have done one.

2 minutes ago, nikki-red said:

We did until a change in policy on 28th Feb.

Either asked to see the app etc where they’re reported the result, or the actual test itself.

Now we just inform visitors when they make an appointment that they have to have done one.

I see. Well with petrol going up, energy going up, Council tax going up, food prices going up, and National Insurance going up, people simply arent going to shell out for these tests come next month (especially when wages arent going up) so something will have to give. People will soon have to choose between heating or eating.

I certainly wont be paying on the basis of the above tbh. I have 2 boxes in the cupboard, once they have gone thats it.

Edited by HeHasRisen

1 hour ago, Kidorry said:

I think it is if you are having a small operation, then they send you the lateral flow test and you have to hand it in to the laboratory for them to test it. At least that is what happens to me.

That sounds like a PCR test.

Edit. Sorry, didn’t see your clarification.

Edited by Jim Hardie