Petrol Stations Getting Busier?

2 minutes ago, hauxwell said:

It certainly does look as though the petrol stations are getting busy.  Things are getting desperate when people start to fill wheelie bins up with petrol without paying for it.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10601869/Thief-fills-wheelie-bin-fuel-busy-petrol-station-forecourt.html

Absolutely insane..🙄

1 minute ago, hauxwell said:

Yes I agree with you.  Make sure you’ve got good locks on your petrol caps.

Yeah, I hear petrol tank drilling is on the increase too. I'm thinking of how best to protect the underside of car as well

1 minute ago, RJRB said:

And on your wheelie bin

Yes and that to.  

1 minute ago, The_DADDY said:

Yeah, I hear petrol tank drilling is on the increase too. I'm thinking of how best to protect the underside of car as well

That’s a new one on me.  I’ve never heard of tank drilling.  

5 minutes ago, hauxwell said:

Yes and that to.  

That’s a new one on me.  I’ve never heard of tank drilling.  

Yeah thieving sods drill into your petrol tank from under the car.

It drains into a container and they are away. I expect this crime to increase quite a bit In the coming months.

2 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Yeah thieving sods drill into your petrol tank from under the car.

It drains into a container and they are away. I expect this crime to increase quite a bit In the coming months.

As I’ve said that’s a new one on me.  Apart from pinching your petrol there will also be damage to your car.  

16 minutes ago, hauxwell said:

As I’ve said that’s a new one on me.  Apart from pinching your petrol there will also be damage to your car.  

Absolutely.  Not to mention the risk of fire. These people who do it are just plain stupid.

On 10/03/2022 at 21:12, cgksheff said:

Wondered where my response had gone. 😜

Same place as mine cgksheff!

I'm retired so I can hunker down but I do feel sorry for folks who need their vehicles for work. I can't, however,  understand the 'panic buying and hoarding mentality' which only makes the situation worse for everyone.

No mains gas, so I heat by oil which has risen from 52p/litre in January to  £1.14 now. At that price I'll give it a miss and wait until things calm down a bit which it will do as other countries outside Russia increase their production.

I'll not be held hostage to Mad Vlad's war mongering actions.

As rogets says we need to make sacrifices -( cut the holidays down, what's a holiday? It's so long ago, I can't remember! )

so instead I'll head for the forest, chop wood for the hearth and keep fit whilst singing that famous Monty Python ditty 'I'm a lumberjack.'

echo