Lloyds Bank, Doctors Milking Covid.

26 minutes ago, West 77 said:

Your Dad has the right idea.  Having a mobile phone is effectively electronically tagging yourself.  I remember in the good old days when the wives would ring the pub up to see if their husband was there and the barmaid had instructions to say they hadn't seen him.  Nowadays some wives put a track on their husband's mobile phone and know he's in the pub.

I know a couple who track each other, Mr and Mrs Smith.  :hihi:

I know this is a knocking the banks and doctors thread but I would like to say that the man who looked after us this morning in the Crystal Peaks Natwest bank was absolutely fabulous. We went to transfer money too the Ukraine and he did everything for us, including translating the Russian text and getting some numbers from the bank in Ukraine in order for the transaction to go through..

2 hours ago, Kidorry said:

I know this is a knocking the banks and doctors thread but I would like to say that the man who looked after us this morning in the Crystal Peaks Natwest bank was absolutely fabulous. We went to transfer money too the Ukraine and he did everything for us, including translating the Russian text and getting some numbers from the bank in Ukraine in order for the transaction to go through..

Good post,  good example of face to face.

I needed to speak to Virgin media last week when I finally got through I was on for 50 minutes putting me through to someone else at least on four occasions.

Now that is bad enough but hey guess what, the line cut off.

(Now I get a feeling they do that on purpose).

So I went through it all again this time my temper had risen a little and after another 50 minutes still didn't get this sorted.

I was fuming after all this and after promising to contact me after a few days guess what, no call.

I will have to ring them again and go through the same scenario and there is a knot in my stomach with the thought of having to do this again. 

10 hours ago, Gran54 said:

Try going through the I’m thinking of leaving option they soon answer.I’ve not done it myself but my daughter swears by it.You can but try.

Blimey. By the sound of it maybe actually leaving would be the best thing. 

Edited by spilldig

3 minutes ago, spilldig said:

Blimey. By the way sound of it maybe actually leaving would be the best thing. 

Doctors are paid per patient on their list, whether they need medical help or not.

If all the young and able bodied ones leave to go onto video doctor websites, it leaves all the elderly and most needy patients who are left to attend surgeries, with very little funding to pay for them. That surgery/service is likely to close altogether.

1 hour ago, Anna B said:

Doctors are paid per patient on their list, whether they need medical help or not.

If all the young and able bodied ones leave to go onto video doctor websites, it leaves all the elderly and most needy patients who are left to attend surgeries, with very little funding to pay for them. That surgery/service is likely to close altogether.

You can access online GPs on the NHS whilst remaining registered with your surgery.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Anna B said:

We're talking about Virgin Media here Anna. 

All the doctors that I have spoken to, and that I've seen interviewed agree that face to face consultations are far and away better than anything you can do on the phone.

I worry that serious misdiagnosis will occur and serious illnesses will be missed.