Nazanin Ratcliffe Freed

47 minutes ago, Mister M said:

The online abuse of Nazanin has already begun. 

'Respectable commentators' like Nick Ferrari of LBC and a former Conservative MEP have complained that she is 'ungrateful'.

Thankfully No 10 Downing Street has condemned the online trolling of Nazanin by very unpleasant people.

No 10 condemns abuse levelled at ‘ungrateful’ Zaghari-Ratcliffe | Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe | The Guardian

Good, I agree with No 10 Downing Street.

Some people are just plain nasty. They probably wouldn't have the guts to abuse her to her face.

Besides, I think she's perfectly within her rights to feel aggrieved.

Even before her release I seem to remember some government nobody saying her husband was not helping by Making a song and dance about his wife.

I'll try and find it.

There's an interesting analysis of the recent Twittering about this topic here written by Marc Owen Jones
I've posted it via thread reader, for those without a Twitter account
https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1506210844190859265.html

Opening Tweet, (the contents of which sadly don't surprise me at all.)

"I have done an analysis of those responding to #NazaninZaghariRatcliffe's interview, specifically focusing on those calling her an 'ungrateful cow' for not showing enough deference or gratitude to the UK government. The Brexit partisanship on the topic is startling. Read on!"

8 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

Besides, I think she's perfectly within her rights to feel aggrieved.

Aggrieved at who though?

Wasn’t the advice (from the British gov) not to travel to Iran, at the time she did?

Anyhoo. I’m curious as to our desire to thaw relations with Iran. Does anyone have thoughts in this? Is it something to do with the Russia situation, and need to get oil from elsewhere? Or something else?

6 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Ok maybe I could’ve put it better but it still stands

No, your quite right Hackey (My humour) the lady does seem remarkably calm. chilling out, baking with the kids, etc, etc (and no doubt bringing a case against the British government) Can only applaud her coping ability to settled back into 'normality' so quickly even if it does seem strange after all the reports of 'torture' and 'ill health over the last 6 years'.

Keep safe out there 8) .

51 minutes ago, Rockers rule said:

No, your quite right Hackey (My humour) the lady does seem remarkably calm. chilling out, baking with the kids, etc, etc (and no doubt bringing a case against the British government) Can only applaud her coping ability to settled back into 'normality' so quickly even if it does seem strange after all the reports of 'torture' and 'ill health over the last 6 years'.

Keep safe out there 8) .

I doubt you get over the trauma of the past 6 years that quickly, but good luck to her if she has.

I would imagine a great deal of this is for the benefit of the cameras. The government wouldn't want to show her when she's a gibbering wreck, which she might well be at times, reliving her experiences. As has been said, you can't always see mental instability, it's often internalised.