Somewhere to eat near Lyceum

willman

Well I love it. So there!

The pasta has always been al dente, the sauce has always been marvelous and not at all watery... perhaps they just didn't like you?

I'v ejust been reading his back and thought maybe I was a little harsh previously - probably not one of the worst restaurants I've ever been to, but definately below average and I doubt I would ever go back. But hey, as Brummieade said - that's just my experience, there must be plenty of people who like it or they would be long gone!

Well I love it. So there!

The pasta has always been al dente, the sauce has always been marvelous and not at all watery... perhaps they just didn't like you?

nah, probably not, bu i didnt like them after eating there. One lady worked there started saying she was italian, so i started talking to her in italian, she then said that she was, er, half italian and hadnt been, er, back, er to italy for ages, so i made her look like a fool. S*h*ite place all round!:hihi:

so i made her look like a fool.

How very clever of you, I bet your date was dead impressed, what did you do for an encore, tell the bus driver he was thick, tell a beggar to get a job ?

looks like it could be jumbos.

deep pockets & short arms i'm afraid.

lol, that made me giggle. but dont forget that jumbo's got shut down just before christmas by enviromental health.

something about rats....*shudder*

but im sure theyve cleaned up their act since then.

sophie

x

well i went to jumbo's and was pleasantly surprised.

far more choice than number 1 buffet.

a little bit "tight" and the crispy seaweed was crispy cabbage,all i all very nice.

i even had dessert for the first time in years. tinned peaches with bradwells ice cream.corrr.

thumbs up from me. and Saturday night fever is excellent @ the lyceum.

geniune truth from the horses mouth-or as close as you want to be.

we had our works do there in 2004 and were so impressed we wanted to boook a sitting for 30 people again last year. unfortunately the vermin issue got in the way.

like i said though, this was 6 months ago and willman said all was ok- so to be honest, id be prepared to go again now.

sophie

x

ps. ooooh,no wonder i had to have thirds of the pud if it was bradwells- i didnt realise at the time, it just tasted sooooooooooo goood! :)

How very clever of you, I bet your date was dead impressed, what did you do for an encore, tell the bus driver he was thick, tell a beggar to get a job ?

jog on - was only havin a laugh. still with the girl so i guess she wasnt that scared off so there

• 3 weeks later...

Archived