What Was This Factory On Attercliffe Road Next To Norfolk Bridge?

At present I am photographing derelict buildings around Attercliffe area for a project. I am struggling to find out anything about a large derelict factory building that stands near Norfolk Bridge on the left side of Attercliffe Road it stands across from the derelict City Sauna building. The buildings has a newish fence around it probably been closed for at least ten years or more the central section as a flag pole the building itself has no signage or anything to give me a clue what it was used for does anyone know anything about this factory ?

Was it Carters manufacturing chemists or were they further up , I seem to remember a firm, it could even be the same building, that was part of the Rex Fire Extinguishers company.

Edited by lazarus

If the building is on the left side coming into the wicker and it is next to the old pub, then I think it could be the tempered springs works. But memory plays tricks. Is this site any good for you, Picture Sheffield and then just search for Norfolk bridge

2 minutes ago, Kidorry said:

If the building is on the left side coming into the wicker and it is next to the old pub, then I think it could be the tempered springs works. But memory plays tricks. Is this site any good for you, Picture Sheffield and then just search for Norfolk bridge

The old Tempered Springs was pulled down many years ago , as was the new one 

Hia, if it is the building that's part on the corner of Princess St!

173 Attercliffe Rd

;-  one business was listed as Chubb Electronic Security Services  Ltd

another was Defender Security Services Ltd

42 minutes ago, lazarus said:

Was it Carters manufacturing chemists or were they further up , I seem to remember a firm, it could even be the same building, that was part of the Rex Fire Extinguishers company.

Yes Rex Fire was there . Either in the place Rex Fire was or next to it there was an industrial supplies place , I used to be sent across to it for boxes of clean rags 

Edited by hackey lad

As you go under Norfolk Bridge on the left side their is a junction with Princess Street the building main frontage is on Attercliffe Road but goes around on to Princess Street. The building is brick built with a flat roof. 

54 minutes ago, Heartshome said:

Hia, if it is the building that's part on the corner of Princess St!

173 Attercliffe Rd

;-  one business was listed as Chubb Electronic Security Services  Ltd

another was Defender Security Services Ltd

I think it could be I used to go down Attercliffe a lot in the early 2000s it was in use then. 

1972 Kelly's.

173 Attercliffe Rd, Dunford & Co Rubber mfrs.

173        "                 "     Dunford Group Safety Equipment mfrs.

173        "                  "    Dunford Fire Protection Services.

173        "                  "    Dunford Safety Services.

Definitely Chub in later years. 

And nothing to do with 173 although for some reason on a search the pub (the twelve o'clock Inn) below is listed as being No173.

It is in fact No1 Attercliffe Rd  (Savile St to the left Attercliffe Rd to the right).

The similarity's to the old 'City Sauna' building is striking. 

See the source image

Keep safe 8) .