Crypto Currency

What is it with the crypto related spam?

Just as a friendly warning to other users, spammers keep posting on this thread, linking to various crypto education sites...

There is a lot of scamming that goes on around crypto, please be careful. If you're interested in learning more about crypto, check out sites like coinmarketcap.com, and for buying and selling, a reputable exchange like coinbase.com. Also this chap on YouTube has a balanced approached to crypto educating the masses: https://www.youtube.com/c/CoinBureau

Edited by Waldo

• 2 months later...
34 minutes ago, MelissaNelms said:

I'm sorry i know it has been asked quite a few times but i can't seem to find any new information after mid way through 2021

Is anyone been able to withdraw from binance to their Starling personal account? I saw there was a ban lift around may/june but i just tried to connect with binance and i'm unable to do so.

Thanks guys

Binance was banned from operating in the UK by the FCA, so you'll need a go between to get any funds out.

Transfer crypto from Binance to someone like Coinbase and then withdraw your money from them.

The UK government has been looking into launching its own crypto currency. 

We seem to be moving ever closer to a cash free society.

Beware. It gives the banks complete control over your money, If computer says no ,,,,,,

Edited by Anna B

2 hours ago, Anna B said:

Beware. It gives the banks complete control over your money, If computer says no ,,,,,,

We already have contactless for going cash free, we don't need crypto 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Anna B said:

Just to note; central bank digital currencies are the complete antithesis of the decentralised nature of crypto currencies.

3 hours ago, El Cid said:

We already have contactless for going cash free, we don't need crypto 

We already have books and libraries, why do we need the internet to share information?!

Edited by Waldo

44 minutes ago, Waldo said:

We already have books and libraries, why do we need the internet to share information?!

This would be two currencies for the same country. It's bad enough with retailers in England not accepting Scottish notes.

In what way would another currency improve my life?

48 minutes ago, El Cid said:

This would be two currencies for the same country. It's bad enough with retailers in England not accepting Scottish notes.

In what way would another currency improve my life?

Crypto is s a lot more than just a form of currency El Cid. Its a whole new (information) technology.

As regards a means of exchange / currency etc. It’s not issued by any central authority, it’s decentralised and not controlled by anybody. Of course, if you implicitly trust your government and banking system, and believe they always act in your own best interests, are not corrupt or incompetent, then the decentralised thing is of no value whatsoever.