The Budget

Just now, alchresearch said:

£200 a month?  I'm paying £80 a month for gas and electric to a 3 bed detached house with average insulation and someone working from home every day. And I'm in credit.

That must be on a historic cheap as chips fixed rate surely. Ours was £80 a month here also, on a cheap as chips fixed rate....until they went bust.

Edited by HeHasRisen

1 hour ago, Anna B said:

The energy price rises are still going to be the killer. Just had a letter from my supplier, going up £700 this year, and I already pay £200 a month, (and am cold all the time...)

Anna, these figures are derived from computers not people. You can check your last years usage and then apply it to this years bills, mine is almost identical so a 55% increase in cost should apply, not the 200% that my provider’s computer is estimating.

Edited by crookesey

1 minute ago, crookesey said:

Anna, these figures are derived from computers not people. You can check your last years usage and then apply it to this years bills, mine is almost identical so a 55% increase in cost should apply, not the 200% that my provider’s computer is estimating.

Interesting. Thankyou.  I certainly intend to look into it.

3 hours ago, hackey lad said:

I was going to post a joke about burning your gas bills to keep warm but I won’t 

Mine's just come through today.

I live in a small one bedroomed flat, and my estimated annual cost for electricity is £1556.12 😱

5 hours ago, crookesey said:

The 55% increase is just the change due in the next week, if you use average amounts and are on a capped standard tariff. The percentage can vary significantly depending on the ratio and amount of fuel used. 

It also went up significantly in the few months prior, it's well over a 55% increase since this time last year, and probably another 40-50% on top in October.

Edited by fools

7 hours ago, Anna B said:

The energy price rises are still going to be the killer. Just had a letter from my supplier, going up £700 this year, and I already pay £200 a month, (and am cold all the time...)

That should buy a lot of unit's, sufficient not to be cold.

9 hours ago, crookesey said:

She said it was going up £700 over the year, not from £200 to £700 a month. An extra £60 or so a month isnt beyond the realm of impossibility, if she is on the capped rate now she will be on the new capped rate from next week.

Edited by HeHasRisen

8 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

She said it was going up £700 over the year, not from £200 to £700 a month. An extra £60 or so a month isnt beyond the realm of impossibility, if she is on the capped rate now she will be on the new capped rate from next week.

I understood what she said and I said that my energy company were telling me that I should increase my payments by 200%, perhaps this confused you.

Edited by crookesey