Transfer From Manchester Airport

One passenger then surely the train would be by far the cheapest, assuming you land at a reasonable hour.  Numerous trains from there to Manchester Piccadilly, cross platform change (usually) to a train that goes to Meadowhall, same platform connection there to the Swinton train.

Edited by HeHasRisen

54 minutes ago, Caroline said:

Hi. Can anyone tell me the best way to get from Manchester Airport to Swinton S64 please. One passenger early April dates to be confirmed. Thanks 

I caught train from Sheffield to man airport.    Booked it well in advance and only cost me about £15 

57 minutes ago, rudds1 said:

I caught train from Sheffield to man airport.    Booked it well in advance and only cost me about £15 

I've never been by train. Where is the station in relation to the airport terminal (1)

Is it a long walk? Especially with luggage.

2 minutes ago, Anna B said:

I've never been by train. Where is the station in relation to the airport terminal (1)

Is it a long walk? Especially with luggage.

An escalator up to the skywalk, and then you can just stand on the moving walkway right into Departures.

T2 is the same but a bit longer on the walkway.

Edited by HeHasRisen

1 minute ago, HeHasRisen said:

An escalator up to the skywalk, and then you can just stand on the moving walkway right into Departures.

T2 is the same but a bit longer on the walkway.

Thanks, that's very interesting. I might give it a recce.