How Long It Will Be Before Our Society Becomes A Cashless One?

7 minutes ago, Delayed said:

I did counter it but you chose to ignore it. 

I'll repeat because reading is hard....

If labour couldn't get ID cards through because of public uproar, do you honestly think the general public are going to accept facial recognition and fingerprints to make everyday purchases?

And before you say it facial recognition and fingerprint software is used in supermarkets and smartphones for security purposes, preventing ID fraud, not because Jeff Bezos wants to know how many tins of beans you are buying.

Rest assured, you are not that interesting

Feet first, calling me a nutjob, a conspiracy theorist and a fool.. No, you're just being rude for the sake of it. This obsession with heads and ex-heads of tech companies is a bit weird.

You are talking about something more than a decade ago, before the public were softened up with iphones, and amazon go, and anpr in every car park, and self service tills with facial recognition, and covid passports, and fingerprinting kids queuing up for dinner.

Edited by fools

5 minutes ago, fools said:

Feet first, calling me a nutjob, a conspiracy theorist and a fool.. No, you're just being rude for the sake of it. This obsession with heads and ex-heads of tech companies is a bit weird.

It's not really you are just trying to spin it.

Your whole worry is about finger prints and facial recognition being a part of everyday life to do basic things. 

And I'm just examples of real people today to help illustrate that Tech Companies, advertising companies, social media firms really don't give a crap about what you are buying, selling or interested in. 

You keep worrying about where we'll be in 10 years or whatever but rest assured electricity is not the work of the devil

Edited by Delayed

2 minutes ago, fools said:

I don't know where to start with that. It shows a complete lack of understanding of how the internet works. How do you think facebook is funded.

Im aware of targeted advertising. Hell anyone who's ever logged onto the internet for the first time knkws that. 

But there's a big gap between targeted advert on the internet and getting paranoid about facial recognition software and fingerprints being used to buy things. 

Do you seriously believe that in 10 years we will have done away completely with physical cash and embraced a culture of biometric transactions?

10 minutes ago, Delayed said:

Do you seriously believe that in 10 years we will have done away completely with physical cash and embraced a culture of biometric transactions?

That is what the discussion is about, the direction of travel is clearly that way, it has already happened in China. It's happening in airports, schools and shops, what more evidence do you want.

The photo's of you entering a supermarket ending up on the net might have happened too, depends where you shop

Edited by fools

1 minute ago, fools said:

That is what the discussion is about, the direction of travel is clearly that way, it has already happened in China.

It won't be gone completely because they'd be uproar. Just because one country does something doesn't mean everyone falls in line. 

France has a ban on headscarves...does that mean we automatically do the same?

9 minutes ago, Delayed said:

It won't be gone completely because they'd be uproar. Just because one country does something doesn't mean everyone falls in line. 

As I said, it already happens and is constantly being expanded here. There is little uproar, most people don't have any idea what is going on behind the scenes.

Edited by fools

4 minutes ago, fools said:

As I said, it already happens and is constantly being expanded here. There is little uproar, most people don't have any idea what is going on behind the scenes.

Care to enlighten us simple folk about what's going on behind the scenes? 

3 minutes ago, fools said:

You don't seem bothered by it.

See the post you labelled a load of crap

Assuming you are right and there's a master plan to rid the country of coins and notes whilst gathering everyone's data, what's the master plan?

Because as far as I can see, any data that might be obtained by making purchases via biometrics won't provide anything that isn't already available.

Amazon, HMRC, NHS DVLA police Facebook Google immigration DWP etc etc most likely have all of your information already.

So what's the big evil plan?

Or is it just advancements in technology and you just don't like change?

You know, the same change you'll continue to get in 10 years when we'll still be able yo pay for things with money