Some Schools Forcing Parents To Accept Only 'Online' Parents Evenings, Forever?

@Chekhov

So you jumped the gun and all has ended as you wished,although you now seem to say that most parents actually would prefer online discussion.

Very confusing as previously you argued that this was contrary to your discussions with other parents.

How did this change come about?

The governors,the headmaster,the parents?

37 minutes ago, RJRB said:

@Chekhov

So you jumped the gun and all has ended as you wished,although you now seem to say that most parents actually would prefer online discussion.

Very confusing as previously you argued that this was contrary to your discussions with other parents.

How did this change come about?

The governors,the headmaster,the parents?

No I did not "jump the gun". It was heavily implied to me by the (previous) head master that face to face parents evenings would not be coming back. He certainly did not ever say they might be during our E Mail conversations (when that would have eased the ill feeling significantly).

The head has been replaced by a new one, though I cannot say for certain that it may not have happened anyway.

I know quite a few parents who had very strong views on the cessation of face to face parents evenings, though it is fair to say that the majority probably did want online as it is so much less trouble for them. Though that begs the question why bother having kids at all if you want to minimise your trouble because kids are, err, a lot of trouble !

The point is, if they had to be all one or the other, the school cannot just drop face to face without telling newly arrived parents (into Foundation stage) that will happen by the time their cohort gets to Year 6 (or whatever). A school cannot take on kids whilst providing face to face parents evenings and then just drop them, that's not sticking to the unofficial contract.

33 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Hes the sort of parent most teachers probably dread dealing with, tbh.

Troll finder :
"to antagonize (others) online by deliberately posting inflammatory, irrelevant, or offensive comments or other disruptive content"
Antagonistic ?  Yes
Inflammatory ?  Yes
Irrelevant ?  Yes
Offensive ?  I think so
Disruptive ? Yes

4.5 out of 5 (or even 5 out of 5) for that one.

Edited by Chekhov

1 minute ago, HeHasRisen said:

Nope, just going off your input on the forum. No doubt the teachers find you an irritant. No trolling here.

You're not allowed to disagree or challenge otherwise your a troll .

Best just not to contribute to his threads and let him rant away to himself 

2 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

Nope, just going off your input on the forum. No doubt the teachers find you an irritant. No trolling here.

You just scored 4.5 (or even 5) out of 5.

No further questions M'Lud.

2 hours ago, Delayed said:

You're not allowed to disagree or challenge otherwise your a troll .

Best just not to contribute to his threads and let him rant away to himself 

I think you are being disingenuous, and I think you know it. He didn't just disagree did he ? :

Troll finder :
"to antagonize (others) online by deliberately posting inflammatory, irrelevant, or offensive comments or other disruptive content"
Antagonistic ?  Yes
Inflammatory ?  Yes
Irrelevant ?  Yes
Offensive ?  I think so
Disruptive ? Yes

4.5 out of 5 (or even 5 out of 5) for that one.

Edited by Chekhov
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Chekhov said:

The school has had a poll of parents and, somewhat surprisingly, a majority (57%) have actually voted for "face to face". What is particularly interesting is that most parents probably do want online, but, it seems, they could not be bothered to vote and it is probably no co-incidence that  many  of those same parents are the ones who cannot be bothered to go up to the school for parents evenings ! ! That said, I know child care can be awkward, though the school thinking outside the box could ease that problem.

Anyway, the school are now having one evening face to face and one evening face to face, which is what they should have done in the first place, much less heavily implied face to face had gone for ever......

Glad your happy ( for once ) . Should this thread be closed now ?