Return Of The City Clipper?

5 minutes ago, Cade Foster said:

I saw it was 400,000 to run service but had to pay 1.4 million to design the service. More money to leeching consultants.

£400,000 per day/week/month/year? Whichever it is, for a supposedly cash-strapped council, it is not cost-effective.

5 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

£400,000 per day/week/month/year? Whichever it is, for a supposedly cash-strapped council, it is not cost-effective.

Was allegedly for first year.

I agree not cost effective.

But probably part of the Jarvis/council masterplan

8 hours ago, sedith said:

Nothing is FREE!

I didn't think I suggested it was. 

I applauded an idea for advertising that is a common way for things to be 'free' to the user. If they are going to use a diesel bus, then there are plenty around, so that won't cost much. Advertising can pay for the maintenance and fuel. 

I use youtube to study, and I have to watch adverts to get it 'free'. I can of course choose to pay to remove the adverts, but I would assume even if the bus is payments, the advertising will still be there to subsidise the service. 

In fact, if the country wasn't so rigid with rules, I'm sure you could advertise the driver job to rather than £15 an hour and complains to the union every time they add another stop, that some retired drivers who are still perfectly capable and bored could volunteer the job, and have a pot for people to put tips in. 

Though I must say, I don't know how you would deal with the druggies and whatnot getting on them all day.