Violence At The Oscars!

Hypocrisy of the top order.

Nothing about the personal abuse that Rock delivered to Jada Smith, just about the slap.

We all know that personal attacks and insults based on looks or medical conditions can be more traumatic and long lasting than a slap, but nothing is done about it.

Also, if it had been a woman who slapped Rock, would the same have happened? - I sincerely doubt it - double standards from the Academy all round.

• Confused 1

Just now, Litotes said:

Hypocrisy of the top order.

Nothing about the personal abuse that Rock delivered to Jada Smith, just about the slap.

We all know that personal attacks and insults based on looks or medical conditions can be more traumatic and long lasting than a slap, but nothing is done about it.

Also, if it had been a woman who slapped Rock, would the same have happened? - I sincerely doubt it - double standards from the Academy all round.

Maybe avoid comedy clubs!?

40 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Maybe avoid comedy clubs!?

Bloody good job Ricky Gervais wasn't doing the Oscar ceremony.  Smith would have decked him.

Smith's behaviour was utterly, jaw-droppingly, off the charts bizarre, which is why, I suppose, some thought it was staged: something like that could only happen as part of a set-up, right? No one does that, unless they've got serious anger management issues, and probably a host of other issues swirling around up there. 

And to do it when you know you're being watched by millions of people and you've got a nice guy persona and brand to maintain.  Odd, and then some.

And of course a woman would have received a similar consequence.  How strange that someone would think they wouldn't.

It’s bizarre for sure.

My feeling, is that his relationship with whatshername is dysfunctional and unhealthy, one way or another, she’s yanking his chain (didn’t meant to make that sound rude). He certainly doesn’t seem balanced, settled and happy within himself.

I think he may have a lot of soul searching to do, which if that’s the case, I wish him every success with it.

54 minutes ago, Hecate said:

And of course a woman would have received a similar consequence.  How strange that someone would think they wouldn't.

Sorry, how often has a woman been called out, charged or banned for slapping a man who has insulted their partner?

You appear to live in a different world to the rest of us...

23 minutes ago, Litotes said:

Sorry, how often has a woman been called out, charged or banned for slapping a man who has insulted their partner?

You appear to live in a different world to the rest of us...

Well, that's certainly... words arranged into a couple of sentences.