Violence At The Oscars!

3 minutes ago, Dromedary said:

Me thinks it was. Just had it in a slow loop on playback and it doesn't even look like Smith actually landed anything at all. Up until now the Oscars had been declining in popularity and low viewing figures and now this has happened they are suddenly getting millions of views.....Strange that eh! :huh:

Perhaps the clips of the fracas are getting millions of views; though I doubt many of those watching the fracas would be able to name the winner in the best foreign film category.

And next year, and the year after that: how are the Oscars going to keep viewers if there's no violence to spice things up?

I'm not saying it's impossible that it was staged, but I wouldn't give too much credence to conspiracy theories....

I know that some like to indulge in them

Well. If my spouse did anything like that in my defence, he'd also get a punch in the face. I can fight my own battles, thank you very much. Anybody would think we're living in the 1950s. Or whenever it was that women were meek as lambs. OH! That's right, NEVER.

14 hours ago, West 77 said:

It's likely the whole incident between the two blokes was staged and pre planned. 

yeah, although probably no one will agree.

I saw on news yesterday, the viewing figures are lowest in history. 

Next day, this happens and world news. 

5 hours ago, *_ash_* said:

yeah, although probably no one will agree.

I saw on news yesterday, the viewing figures are lowest in history. 

Next day, this happens and world news. 

Exactly,  the Oscars has been losing viewers and general interest- I didn't even know it was on, let alone best categories etc.

It's odd, Chris Rock was the host on one recent Oscars, and viewership peaked as then we had this 'boycott' thing with black actors complaining about equality.

He was praised on how he handled the opening monologue- and now this happens,  which clearly looks staged.

The guy shouldn't make fun of a poor woman suffering with alopecia but, it's amazing what passes for important in this world.

The Oscars are meaningless except to the big ego's and those who swoon at the big ego's.

I'm sure that all those at the Oscars are holding their breath to see what Sheffield Forum members verdict is.

42 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

The guy shouldn't make fun of a poor woman suffering with alopecia but, it's amazing what passes for important in this world.

The Oscars are meaningless except to the big ego's and those who swoon at the big ego's.

I'm sure that all those at the Oscars are holding their breath to see what Sheffield Forum members verdict is.

Oh no I’m worried now I said Will has sticky out ears I bet he jumps on a plane flies over here gets in a taxi slaps me round the mush then back to good ole US of A.

3 hours ago, Organgrinder said:

Suffering with alopecia, is it a painful condition?