The Full Monty Returns!

7 minutes ago, airscrew said:

Was that earlier on Saturday? If so they must be filming another series.

Nope. 

https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/a44241874/full-monty-stars-season-2/

No 2nd series yet commissioned. She is either filming something else, was merely in Firth Park for pleasure, still in Sheffield doing promo work for Series 1, or it wasn't actually her. 

• Like 1

On 17/06/2023 at 18:57, airscrew said:

Just watched the first episode and Robert Carlyle boards a bus at what looks like the Norfolk Park area of Sheffield and asks the driver for a "Single to Parkwood Springs." As a long term resident of Parkwood Springs (1962-1974) and an ex resident of the Norfolk Park tower blocks (Fitzalan Tower) I must say that it's took a long time but we finally have a link between the two areas of the city.

Am sure the bus stop at the start was on Eastern Drive 

• Like 1

On 17/06/2023 at 18:57, airscrew said:

Just watched the first episode and Robert Carlyle boards a bus at what looks like the Norfolk Park area of Sheffield and asks the driver for a "Single to Parkwood Springs." As a long term resident of Parkwood Springs (1962-1974) and an ex resident of the Norfolk Park tower blocks (Fitzalan Tower) I must say that it's took a long time but we finally have a link between the two areas of the city.

Airscrew,  whereabouts up Parkwood Springs did you live ?     I lived with my aunty and uncle  (  Joan and Clarrie Whittaker ) in the Douglas Inn right at the top.

On 25/06/2023 at 18:00, francypants said:

Airscrew,  whereabouts up Parkwood Springs did you live ?     I lived with my aunty and uncle  (  Joan and Clarrie Whittaker ) in the Douglas Inn right at the top.

Lived at 68 Mount Road. Two doors down from The Douglas. Mum used to clean at the pub.

On 29/06/2023 at 09:41, HeHasRisen said:

Can I make a polite suggestion to both @francypants and @airscrew - this is a public forum which anyone can read and if you are about to give out info like full names and addresses maybe take it to private messages?

Feel free to ignore this and crack on, mind. But just a suggestion.

I don't think there is any need for myself and Airscrew to communicate via private messages.   I've only asked what is Airscrew's mother's first name.   Also the address where Airscrew lived no longer exists  ...........  we're talking over 50 years ago in an area which was totally demolished.

• Like 1