Ploughpersons Lunch. Seriously?

https://www.gbnews.uk/news/ploughmans-lunch-cancelled-as-pub-rebrands-to-gender-neutral-ploughpersons/258626

The ploughman’s lunch has been cancelled after a British pub rebranded the meal "ploughperson's".

The Tors pub in Belstone, Devon, now offers the traditionally cold dish, which consists of cheese, ham, pickled onions, chutney and sourdough bread, for £12.50.

In a now-deleted tweet, the updated menu, complete with the ploughperson’s was posted by Charlotte Deakins.

The tweet caused a huge reaction with dozens left angry by the name change.

One Twitter user, @Robbietheranger, said: “Yup this is the world we currently live in where people see offensive things when they don't really exist...”

I mean really? Why? Who was offended by this, if anyone? They need to not breed.

Brava, Ms Deakins!  Get those publicity clicks!  Potentially attract a new crowd of interested young visitors and drive the pished-off, beet-faced bloviators off the premises.  Genius!

37 minutes ago, Pyrotequila said:

https://www.gbnews.uk/news/ploughmans-lunch-cancelled-as-pub-rebrands-to-gender-neutral-ploughpersons/258626

I mean really? Why? Who was offended by this, if anyone? They need to not breed.

Who was offended? Just one group of people as far as I can see; the snowflakes who complained about the name change.

Seems to me a female landlord with female farmer friends & suppliers changed the name on the menu as a bit of fun and a small nod of appreciation to those women.

Bunch of uptight, red-faced, snowflakes get upset about it and cause a twitter-storm. Newspapers pick it up and claim it's 'cancel culture coming for the ploughmans' despite it being no such thing at all.

Mindless snowflakes on local internet forums go in to meltdown.

999,999 out 1,000,000 menus on the tables of cafes nationwide continue to call it a Ploughmans.

Night follows day.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dsweetman said:

we need a re set button to put the world back to better times!

I totally agree, please let's go back to the better times when people didn't overreact to a non-story, dredged up by click-bait hunting failing TV channels.

That is what you meant isn't it?