Ploughpersons Lunch. Seriously?

8 hours ago, redruby said:

It’s just a bit of fun…

‘Meanwhile, Dicky Harrison, the landlord of the pub added: “The menu item was just meant as a bit of tongue in cheek. We live in a farming community with amazing women and men farming the land.

“It's just a bit of fun and a nod to the amazing ladies who work the land here. I didn't think it would cause offence, but in reality, women plough too.”’

Absolutely, and I wouldn't mind at all if the landlord had re-named it "Ploughwoman's lunch", provided it was the same size and value!

Wait while we get onto milkmaids and dinner-ladies! Don't know what the Person's Instute thinks of it all!

Who are the ones really offended by language?

The ones who go to great lengths, and great expense, to Officially change Government policies and documentation to recognize some 31 alternate sexes?

Or the ones like me who just laugh at them?  :)

Edited by trastrick

23 minutes ago, trastrick said:

Who are the ones really offended by language?

The ones who go to great lengths, and great expense, to Officially change Government policies and documentation to recognize some 31 alternate sexes?

Or the ones like me who just laugh at them?  :)

Please... you're triggering me because you're saying sex instead of gender!

12 minutes ago, Rockers rule said:

Nothing wrong with Pink.

See the source image

Not mine but I had one the same (including the colour). 

Happy Daze 8) .

Zephyr/Zodiac? I dunno about pink but I’m definitely turning green with envy Rockers. Always wanted a tail fin car growing up but they were all long gone before I could drive.

1 minute ago, Jim117 said:

Zephyr/Zodiac? I dunno about pink but I’m definitely turning green with envy Rockers. Always wanted a tail fin car growing up but they were all long gone before I could drive.

Had loads of them back then (Zodiac's had a window in that rear pillar) 

Happy Daze.

My Pink one was originally Army Green and Left Hand Drive.

Green with envy ? how does, we were buying them from £40 - £100 sound 🙃 8) .