Mp Comes Out As Transgender

1 hour ago, Mister M said:

MP Jamie Wallis has come out as UK’s first openly transgender MP

Jamie Wallis comes out as UK’s first openly transgender MP | Conservatives | The Guardian

I sincerely hope that his coming out will elevate & take the toxicity out of the trans debate that's been raging recently.

So that is:

First woman MP to take her seat in parliament

First trans MP

First ethnic minority MP

First ethnic minority PM

First woman party leader

First woman PM

No doubt Jamie Wallis will face hostility based on their physical characteristics in the same way those people listed above did.

Just now, West 77 said:

I've no idea whether that was a requirement.  Let's be honest if Boris had turned up at PMQ's today wearing a dress and a wig stating he had been blackmailed and decided to come out as a trans person there would be calls from all quarters for him to resign.

I would like to say you are wrong, but sadly you arent.

Another example....that bloke who used to do the breakfast show on Galaxy (now Capital), now goes by the name of Stephanie Hirst.  Tells her employers she is changing genders, and they wield the axe as a result.

50 minutes ago, alchresearch said:

Didn't realise that was a requirement. 

Do all prospective MPs have to declare their gender or sex? Or are you just looking at a pic of them and assuming?

If he was being blackmailed he must have been a security risk?

We must accept everyone for what they are, being an MP is pretty much telling porkies 24/7, so he will fit in nicely.

4 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

I would like to say you are wrong, but sadly you arent.

Another example....that bloke who used to do the breakfast show on Galaxy (now Capital), now goes by the name of Stephanie Hirst.  Tells her employers she is changing genders, and they wield the axe as a result.

it doesnt make it right

Is it really about his/her transgender choice?

As a public official, I would suspect that his/her admitted online affairs with strangers, being blackmailed, raped, and his/her criminally leaving the scene of an accident, has something to do with one's attitude towards this person.