Day Trips To End Or Not

A lot of people will think twice about a drive to the coast I imagine, not only the cost of the fuel but the increases in everything that is usually bought when they arrive. Years ago was a relatively cheap outing to go to the coast for a day trip, a walk on the prom eating fish and chips enjoying the sea air. I wonder what it costs now for fish and chips, on the tv the other day they were speaking to a chip shop owner who said the price of  peas have more than doubled, plus potatoes, fish, fuel for heating the cookers and of course the dripping or oil they cook in have all increased in price. 

1 hour ago, bassett one said:

theres been talk that our trips to the seaside will cease this summer , due to the cost of living and petrol,will these facts stop you going or will you spend less once there? or go less?

I do hope not.

If people can't afford a day trip, they probably won't be able to afford a proper holiday either. Even the traditionally cheaper holidays like caravans are becoming too expensive. So what's a person to do? A break/holiday is important to people's well-being.

Maybe the old charabanc trips will make a return. 

Edited by Anna B

21 minutes ago, Anna B said:

I do hope not.

If people can't afford a day trip, they probably won't be able to afford a proper holiday either. Even the traditionally cheaper holidays like caravans are becoming too expensive. So what's a person to do? A break/holiday is important to people's well-being.

Maybe the old charabanc trips will make a return. 

Yippee, hope so,

Cleethorpes here we come,    10 bob and a packet of crisps.

1 hour ago, bungleboy69 said:

I'll be going to Rotherham instead. 

It was shut (or certainly looked like it) last time I went 🙃 .

So much lovely countryside, woods, parks, rocks, standing stones etc 10 to 15 mins away from Sheffield without going to the coast.

11 minutes ago, Rockers rule said:

It was shut (or certainly looked like it) last time I went 🙃 .

So much lovely countryside, woods, parks, rocks, standing stones etc 10 to 15 mins away from Sheffield without going to the coast.

Hmmm... :huh:

Don't be silly, Mr Rockers!

It's not 'shut'...

... it's just in an advanced stage of streamlining it's operations. :roll: