Day Trips To End Or Not

14 hours ago, Anna B said:

Well if Manchester's doing it we might as well forget it. Looks like we'll have to treck over the Pennines again for our fun....

Providing the Snake & Stocki bi-pass are open, should be fun if they haven't sorted the proposed (for-years) Bi-pass at Mottram by the time it opens.

Queue 'll be back to  Birdwell roundabout or Tapton.

4 hours ago, Rockers rule said:

further pictures and write up on the proposed Manchester by the sea complex. 

Images reveal UK's first ‘all-season indoor beach’ (aol.co.uk)

Same again, looks bloody horrible to me. definitely rather be on a quite beach or in the country side no matter the weather.

I'd imagine the price of entry for a family wouldn't be far off the same as topping the car up and heading into Wales for the day (from Manchester. I'd say Blackpool but that's a bigger dump than Skeggi.

Keep safe out there and enjoy our countryside - it's free :banana:.

I have just been having a nosey at the existing facility in Romania. Now bear in mind there will be obviously a price reduction for the Eastern European countries, I have done a little bit of number crunching. Based on current conversion rates, entry to such a facility for adults ranges between £11.50 for 3 hours or £17 for all day. For kids it ranges from £6.50 for 3 hours up to around £14 all day.   That's before you get onto ancillary costs like snacks and drinks or extras such as towel rental at £5.50 a pop or flip flop rental at £7 per pop.  Soon quickly adds up for a family of two adults with their 2.4 children.

As I say, that's just a fag packet calculation based on conversion of prices. Chances are what's to be  built over here would have a premium on top of that simply because land values and and labour is so much more expensive. I'll predict entry fees are at least £20 a head if not more. That's of course if such a project actually happens anyway. Noted from the article that is already been delayed previously and is now being delayed again by another 2 years.  Not beyond the realms of possibility that in 18 months all work grinds to a halt in the project goes bust. Happened before multiple times.

Its interesting that we have a thread filled with people declaring that the "ordinary man in the street" can no longer be able to afford day trips to the local seaside while seemingly simultaneously complaining about why Sheffield hasn't been been proactive enough to build something like this facility on our doorsteps.  Where is this sudden demand with all these people just waiting to flock there and threw their money that what seems to me to be a glorified Metrodome or perhaps Center Parcs without the accommodation.  

...... make your mind up people. Based on some of the comments on this forum, We are either so skint that we can barely afford an ice cream in the park or we are so unhappy because the council have not spent multi-million-pounds on a fancy indoor tropical water park where we are just waiting to spend £20 £30 entry fees on a regular basis.

Edited by ECCOnoob
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bassett one said:

hi   so what is it guys  day trips to skeggy or brid or cleethorpes or build our own sheff by the home made sea?

Well, Mr. B. you've had enough tips, suggestions, ideas for a cheap day out from our very own roving nomad, I would imagine that he's now in't garage, screaming "Bassett" "Bassett"  "Bassett" and tearing the hairs outta his beard, kicking a few engine parts and gearboxes around.

I've noticed his last reply is "Wales" I think he's given up on you...

Stay calm RR.

Right I'm of to my Hermits cave.

wales dont they  have dragons ,are they in cages? could be a one way trip,well 2 way but you could be in the back of a vehicle on the way home ,if you get my drift?,so after many pages its cleethorpes  or skeggi   or bakewell .or maybe graves park,depending on the cost per litre

Years ago, I'd have said skeggy, cleethorpes, brid, scarborough  I might have spelled them with a Capital though  :bigsmile: .

Any-way, I've decided to stop recommending Wales for the reason, the planners have cancelled  the 'Seaside in the City Project  -

apparently 1/2 of Sheffield's have gone to Wales 🤣 🏊‍♂️ 🏄‍♀️ 🤿

A spokes person for 'Rocker's coach tours' says business has never been so good :banana: