United To Finally Pay For Bramall Lane .

cuttsie

11 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

They don't want you to know this so keep it to thi sen ,United players once went on strike due to non payment of bonuses , they were playing in Belgium pre season friendlies at the time and Dick Wragg who was a director had to fly out and try to sort it out . Keep it to thi sen . Nah Then thee , If it was old Chansari who was doing a bit of fiddling about with the wages it would be World shattering news , but not the little darling badge kissers down the Lane  , sweep it under the carpet ,shush it up , it din't happen and so on . Can't say tha knows what so beat that .

You get very very personal and its not nice . Anger management can be obtained through your Dr  who will refer yo to the appropriate shrink .

You dig things up from decades ago to excuse the disgrace of your clubs behaviour now.

You say how big you are and quote teams from 1930.

Get up to date and stop blundering through history to excuse the mess you're in now.

Your club couldn't pay their players last season but that's ok because before even Elvis was heard of it happened somewhere else.

Get a grip on reality mi owd that means the here and now.

We don't need long memories to live in the present world.

Edited by Alextopman

Cuttsie seems very interested in facts, so am I, so here are a few that might interest him.

1, The Wednesday never had the Lane as their home ground. They played at Olive Grove, among a few other places and hired the Lane when they had a game which needed more capacity. Just as Spurs hired Wembley while White Hart Lane was being redeveloped.

2, The Wednesday chose to leave the city of Sheffield, Hillsborough and Owlerton were not within the city bounmdaries when they chose to move there.

3, The Wednesday didn't add the city's name to their title until 1929 a full forty years after SHEFFIELD United were formed. United have never been anything other than a Sheffield club, they are the city team.

4, United were formed from Sheffield United Cricket Team, they adopted the title United because several Sheffield cricket teams decided to amalgamate and Unite which provided a perfectly logical reason for using the description. The name was so appropriate that dozens of other clubs, including Newton Heath adopted it, but the Blades are the oldest existing club to be called United.

5, United have had some less than glorious moments, but they have never embarrassed the city of Sheffield to the extent that The Wednesday have.

Sheffield is the home of association football, the most popular game in the world. Unfortunately, it has to be said that neither club associated with this city is great. That's simply the way it is,  and instead of acting like two bald men arguing over possession of a comb we should accept the fact.

It would be wonderful to see both clubs in the Premier and Europe, but the reality is that the game has been ruined by money and the chance of either Sheffield team being able to compete with the Big Boys is slim to nil, and slim is out of town.

Edited by m williamson
spelling error
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Kelvin Phlats said:

Weren't they also paying some staff less than minimum wage as well Cuttsie? Sure I read that somewhere as well. People in glass houses and all that.

The person in the glass House is the one who starts the topic.

And here again we have another Wednesday posting about non paying.

You really couldn't make this up.

Wages, VAT, Bank loans, ex directors etc.

8 hours ago, m williamson said:

Cuttsie seems very interested in facts, so am I, so here are a few that might interest him.

1, The Wednesday never had the Lane as their home ground. They played at Olive Grove, among a few other places and hired the Lane when they had a game which needed more capacity. Just as Spurs hired Wembley while White Hart Lane was being redeveloped.

2, The Wednesday chose to leave the city of Sheffield, Hillsborough and Owlerton were not within the city bounmdaries when they chose to move there.

3, The Wednesday didn't add the city's name to their title until 1929 a full forty years after SHEFFIELD United were formed. United have never been anything other than a Sheffield club, they are the city team.

4, United were formed from Sheffield United Cricket Team, they adopted the title United because several Sheffield cricket teams decided to amalgamate and Unite which provided a perfectly logical reason for using the description. The name was so appropriate that dozens of other clubs, including Newton Heath adopted it, but the Blades are the oldest existing club to be called United.

5, United have had some less than glorious moments, but they have never embarrassed the city of Sheffield to the extent that The Wednesday have.

Sheffield is the home of association football, the most popular game in the world. Unfortunately, it has to be said that neither club associated with this city is great. That's simply the way it is,  and instead of acting like two bald men arguing over possession of a comb we should accept the fact.

It would be wonderful to see both clubs in the Premier and Europe, but the reality is that the game has been ruined by money and the chance of either Sheffield team being able to compete with the Big Boys is slim to nil, and slim is out of town.

Codswallop.

7 hours ago, Kelvin Phlats said:

Weren't they also paying some staff less than minimum wage as well Cuttsie? Sure I read that somewhere as well. People in glass houses and all that.

Yes my lady pal worked in the offices , had to claim family credit but it is in the past so dun't matter , unless its owt to do wi the family club at our old ground that is , we first played there when the cricketers had Wednesday off despite what this new kid Williamson  as just spouted . trying to change history is a crime against togga int it .'

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Alextopman said:

The person in the glass House is the one who starts the topic.

And here again we have another Wednesday posting about non paying.

You really couldn't make this up.

Wages, VAT, Bank loans, ex directors etc.

Look into my eyes , read , I have admitted it etc ,etc etc . read these things stop being daft .

12 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

stop being daft .

Why?.

Do you want it all to yourself?.

20 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

Codswallop.

Yes my lady pal worked in the offices , had to claim family credit but it is in the past so dun't matter , unless its owt to do wi the family club at our old ground that is , we first played there when the cricketers had Wednesday off despite what this new kid Williamson  as just spouted . trying to change history is a crime against togga int it .'

You do know people earning above minimum wage can receive family credit or whatever it's called now don't you?.

Edited by Alextopman

1 minute ago, Alextopman said:

Why?.

Do you want it all to yourself?.

Ive telled thi I like being daft , its better than pretending I'm summat I'm not .

Would be daft if I was stood int Penny Black textin to daft people who have now't better to do than text back so pith off I'm going tut library for a book on Sheffield togga history pre 1889 that is . . 

2 hours ago, cuttsie said:

Codswallop.

The usual response when there are no facts to back up nonsense. Please explain what part of my comment was codswallop, it should be interesting to hear.

1, It is a fact that The Wednesday were still playing at Olive Grove when United were formed with the Lane as their home ground. The teams played the first derby between them at Olive Grove The Wednesday won 2-1. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steel_City_derby so that isn't codswallop.

2, It is a fact that Hillsborough and Owlerton were not within the city boundaries when The Wednesday chose to move there, so that can't be it.

3, The Wednesday didn't add the city name to their title until 1929, that's also a fact so once again where exactly is the codswallop?

4 & 5 are simple straight forward facts and each of my comments can be verified by a little search.

So please do point out where you came to the conclusion that I was trying to change history? The reality is of course that you are the one with a poor and somewhat deluded grasp on the history of Sheffield football.

1 hour ago, m williamson said:

The usual response when there are no facts to back up nonsense. Please explain what part of my comment was codswallop, it should be interesting to hear.

1, It is a fact that The Wednesday were still playing at Olive Grove when United were formed with the Lane as their home ground. The teams played the first derby between them at Olive Grove The Wednesday won 2-1. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steel_City_derby so that isn't codswallop.

2, It is a fact that Hillsborough and Owlerton were not within the city boundaries when The Wednesday chose to move there, so that can't be it.

3, The Wednesday didn't add the city name to their title until 1929, that's also a fact so once again where exactly is the codswallop?

4 & 5 are simple straight forward facts and each of my comments can be verified by a little search.

So please do point out where you came to the conclusion that I was trying to change history? The reality is of course that you are the one with a poor and somewhat deluded grasp on the history of Sheffield football.

Who are you ????? you've sprung up like a jumping Jack , Attacking me , ganging up with Alexandrie and his co poster who always seems to just two mins away when Alexandria post , funny that int it . 

Explain yourself , If there is one thing that gets my pecker up its Johny come lately's sticking up for people who know now't about Sheffield togga .

1 hour ago, prince al said:

What’s Ched Evans these days?

He is on a photography course , it involves taking close up pictures through glass windows .

• Haha 1