Building Workers World Cup Stadiums Qatar.

24,000 building workers have suffered human rights abuse while building the stadiums for the World Cup in Qatar , Why are we playing there , why does our FA  not say enough is enough and pull out .

Many workers from Asia and the Middle East did not get paid plus health and safety issues that led to injury and disablement. 

Many had to work 16 hour shifts and some died through heat stroke .

Meanwhile our multi millionaire players and manager are saying nothing . It stinks 

Edited by cuttsie

1 hour ago, cuttsie said:

24,000 building workers have suffered human rights abuse while building the stadiums for the World Cup in Qatar , Why are we playing there , why does our FA  not say enough is enough and pull out .

Many workers from Asia and the Middle East did not get paid plus health and safety issues that led to injury and disablement. 

Many had to work 16 hour shifts and some died through heat stroke .

Meanwhile our multi millionaire players and manager are saying nothing . It stinks 

In it for the filthy lucre , nothing more 

3 hours ago, Jim Hardie said:

I'm not justifying anything, but the reality is £50 is probably around £40 more than unskilled labourers earn in Bangladesh/India etc.

It's reality of why things are cheap. It's nothing new. Qatar owes these people nothing. They choose to go there because even **** wages is better than no wages, and they know they will be kicked out after... it's nothing new. It's not Britain where you get here and can stay job or no job.

Where do people think all our cheap TVs, cheap phones and cheap clothes come from?

They aren't from British people earning minimum wages of £9.50 an hour with tea breaks included.

4 hours ago, cuttsie said:

How much money to premiership players get from playing in UK and Europe? 

People pay for the £50 tickets, buy shirts, buy TV contracts, they contribute towards the whole thing. People pay for SKY and whatnot, they are all contributing to these rich people. I think this tournament is just showing people what really goes on in the game these days. 

-

I agree with the whole thing here though. I don't think I've met a single person who actually believes this was a 'legit' hosting. 

Thankfully, I have lost interest in football, so I don't have to ban myself from watching it. I literally, don't give a **** about the tournament results. I lost interest during the lockdowns, when I just thought, football isn't what I used to go to. Kneeling down for a criminal, bringing politics into football too. It's no longer enjoyable to me. 

The world could punish FIFA by no one watching it... will that happen? Will it heck! 

i agree with all you say and I will add that I fell out with football years ago when it became a game for actors, like falling down when not touched and writhing in agony and when this giving a knee came in that finished it completely for me.

6 hours ago, geared said:

The problem here lies with corruption at FIFA, it was clear as day this World Cup was bought using bribes.

Fifa no doubt corrupt.

Problem also lay with people in developed countries who care more about enjoying sport, than the wellbeing and fair treatment of the cheap labour used in building the stadiums.

If enough people cared enough, to boycott the tournament on an individual level; the organisers of these things would soon catch up (as they'd realised there would be no money in it etc).

Fact of the matter, people don't care enough.

Edited by Waldo