Gambling Ads

39 minutes ago, West 77 said:

Such things as doing the football pools and picking a few horses kept a lot of retired people going and was a healthy pastime.

Agree with you regarding the daily phone competition on GM TV.  I always switch channels when that happens.

I turn it over too,when Martin Lewis was on he was telling us times are going to.be hard,do we heat or eat here's the competition what hypocrites.

Edited by ukdobby

• 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...
1 minute ago, ZemaIon said:

I'm a huge fan of football and really hate to watch gambling/betting companies as clubs' sponsors. Glad the EPL decided to break up with them since 2024. 

Not quite - they will just not be the main shirt sponsor. They can still appear on the sleeve etc.

1 hour ago, ZemaIon said:

I'm a huge fan of football and really hate to watch gambling/betting companies as clubs' sponsors. Glad the EPL decided to break up with them since 2024. 

Indeed.

It's scandalous the way they promote gambling.

It really does make you suspicious about corruption when so many betting firms are heavily involved.

Edited by Al Bundy

• 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

The greyhound industry really is on its arse if they have to resort to stuff like that to get people through the door on a Friday evening. 

they just want the punters in to spend a few quid on bets, but nothing stops you having the food and leaving, offers like that were just as common 30+ years ago

maybe they're doing so well they can afford to give it away 

Just now, steve68 said:

they just want the punters in to spend a few quid on bets, but nothing stops you having the food and leaving, offers like that were just as common 30+ years ago

maybe they're doing so well they can afford to give it away 

I've seen they do it for the Tuesday nights but not seen them do it on Fridays before. 

1 minute ago, HeHasRisen said:

I've seen they do it for the Tuesday nights but not seen them do it on Fridays before. 

if you gamble responsible you're on a winner, they also do Kids Eat Free every Tuesday and Friday 3 course meal I personally wouldn't bet on the racing not my thing but people do enjoy it.