Gay & new to sheffield where are the places to go??

liz&sal

Without wanting to slag the scene off (and I know how much better it's getting, and how much hard work's going into it, etc...), is anyone gonna tell these girls how disappointing Sheffield is going to seem after Manchester? :)

Without wanting to slag the scene off (and I know how much better it's getting, and how much hard work's going into it, etc...), is anyone gonna tell these girls how disappointing Sheffield is going to seem after Manchester? :)

I was going to, but then I'd get accused of being anti Sheffield scene.

Hi, it's Tyranna, the best known Drag Queen in Sheffield.

Yup, after Manchester, Sheffield's scene seems tiny by comparison, but at least it is doing well. You have DEMPSEYS open 7 days a week, serving food till very late, and with a newly revamped dancefloor upstairs. Then you have CLUB XES, out on 195 Carlisle St., halfway to Attercliffe, which is open Weds-Sunday until VERY LATE (5am on Fri/Sat nights); they have a twice monthly transvestite night on 2nd and 4th Fridays and a Bear night on 1st Friday each month.

Then you have Fuel, which has to quite an extent revitalised the Gay Scene in Sheffield; a proper big gay club, like Essential in Manchester, or GAY in London, they have lots of things going on most of the time. Try their Pound a Pint night on Thursdays, or their Poptastic night on certain Saturdays.

Finally, if you are off to EUROPRIDE IN LONDON this weekend, I have secured a place in the Europride Parade for Sheffield's LGBT Community, and I welcome any people down from Sheffield/S. Yorks to accompany me in the parade. You can PM me (Before 7pm tonight, as I will be leaving this webcafe I am using at 7) or ring/text me on 07896474243.

If you're coming down to London, have a GREAT Europride!!!:thumbsup:

Archived