The Moor

12 hours ago, LovePotion said:

The Moor market is ok in terms of stores, it's just badly sign posted and co-ordinated inside. The Light shopping centre is a massive fail, it is always empty. There is a severe lack of advertisement there. I am not in favour of moving the entire city centre to The Moor. A city should have row upon row of bustling streets. Only small towns have shopping areas compacted like The Moor. Is Sheffield about to lose its city status?

Sheffield CC runs from Lady’s Bridge to the bottom of The Moor. In it’s height it had more cinemas and department stores than you could waive a stick at, I do believe that other city centres have suffered in a similar manner. As long as folk continue to vote for the muppets in the Town Hall It will be The Muppet Show.

15 hours ago, LovePotion said:

Do you purposely argue with everyone who criticises Sheffield City Centre?

No,     he purposely argues with any one who writes about anything or anybody.

Just a troll

52 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

No,     he purposely argues with any one who writes about anything or anybody.

Just a troll

"Anyone who disagrees with me is a troll"

1 hour ago, crookesey said:

Sheffield CC runs from Lady’s Bridge to the bottom of The Moor. In it’s height it had more cinemas and department stores than you could waive a stick at, I do believe that other city centres have suffered in a similar manner. As long as folk continue to vote for the muppets in the Town Hall It will be The Muppet Show.

No matter who you vote for the net result will be the same. Money cant be spirited out of thin air.

3 hours ago, crookesey said:

Hmmm... :huh:

I have to disagree with you there, Mr Crookesey...

... The Muppet Show had many redeeming qualities! ;)

1 hour ago, HeHasRisen said:

"Anyone who disagrees with me is a troll"

No matter who you vote for the net result will be the same. Money cant be spirited out of thin air.

Rateable income collected is not kept in ‘thin air’. I have a distaste for certain internet descriptions of folk, ‘TROLL’ wins this by a long mile.

1 hour ago, hackey lad said:

Did they do any worse ?

I was at the Council during their first period in office and they were poor at making decisions.

You can have some sympathy because they hadn't been in power in recent times, so weren't used to it. It appeared they didn't want to make a decision that might lose them any votes, so they just put it off, often asking for more "consultation" to be carried out, when it had already been done and results reported to them. This resulted in a period of around 18 months when nothing much was happening and the public were getting frustrated with them.  It improved a bit after that, but I think the damage had been done and they were voted out at next election.

Second time, I wasn't working there but old colleagues said that they didn't have the same level of problems.

There is a bit of difference in emphasis  between them in transport matters, but in my view, overall  there wasn't much difference in end product. I didn't see any significant differences elsewhere.