The Moor

On 18/05/2022 at 18:56, Baron99 said:

Just reading that Five Guy's burger chain is to open an outlet on The Moor next to H&M. 

I'm sure someone posted a few months ago about a number of eateries of various type just across The Moor within The Light cinema complex that were already struggling back then?

There was a thread a few months ago about the upstairs units in the Light and the struggle some tenants have had up there, but I think those struggles are quite specific to that location, on the upper level, off the Moor itself.

The biggest issues really are visibility and footfall - that thoroughfare through the Light is still reliant on a lot of developments over the other side of Charter Square coming to fruition (they are starting to, now) and the increased footfall that would bring. I don't think units that are actually down on the Moor have anything like that issue (The Moor is pretty busy these days) so I don't think this Five Guys will struggle at all.

• 4 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, SVerhamme said:

Sheffield sounds like it’s gotten interesting lol 

back in the good old days everyone did what they did without people crying them down The old market was quirky interesting characters I was taken by my dad every  Christmas Eve to pick up our Christmas dlnner which was a  large fresh Chicken ( always going cheap in the afternoon) lol mum had to take de feather and gut it before cooking 😱can’t see anyone doing that now !!

Ha Ha Ha,

Found that funny...

1 minute ago, SVerhamme said:

I remember popping into the New market when up in Sheffield last

was awhile ago now 

It was nothing like the old one the atmosphere wasn’t there the sellers not as quirky the apprehension of watching stall holders selling their ware had gone 

very sad 😢

Bring back Potty Edwards.

• Like 1

I have worked on the Moor for years and it is now as busy as I can remember, do not believe all the doom and gloom stories you hear just go any lunchtime (except Sunday) and you will see for yourself.

Can understand some of the food places struggling though at night its really quiet, would imagine they are massively reliant on people visiting the cinema.

8 minutes ago, SVerhamme said:

I was always in awe

going there as a child  it was like dickinsonian as though Fagin would appear at any time lol

We seem to live in a time warp......

The old days were always better...

The old rag n tag market was stupendous, now we have to make do with Meadowhall.

17 minutes ago, SVerhamme said:

So prefer to live in a time capsule than what is happening today without a doubt 

People annoy me with their materialistic clutter and obscenities flo 

i am trying to be upbeat when I go out with friends

a meal / shopping   is not a good experience service  without a smile time was when you made an effort to treat people respectfully 

Remember my dad always took of his hat to a woman 

I was in Castle Cary Somerset 3 yrs ago this elderly guy says Goodday took his hat off as I passed  🤠never forgotten 

Do you listen to Talk Radio ? brilliant !!

Or Talk TV app👍

My dad was a Gentleman (unlike me) always used to take his hat of for a passing funeral cortege.

Never listen to Talk Radio, but used to have my ear glued to my Tranny listening to Radio Luxembourgh.

18 minutes ago, Padders said:

My dad was a Gentleman (unlike me) always used to take his hat of for a passing funeral cortege.

Never listen to Talk Radio, but used to have my ear glued to my Tranny listening to Radio Luxembourgh.

Leave your Tranny out of this 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, SVerhamme said:

Omg is there still a  radio  Luxembourg? I loved that station 

Been looking in the tread for Twisted Wheel club in Manchester people looking back at the now famous groups 

did you ever see Steam Packet anywhere ?they came to Sheffield early 60s 

Never heard of em Suzy, but I was never clued up on the music scene, mind you I did used to buy the Musical Express along with the Sporting Life.

Saw Del Shannon and Emile Ford at the City Hall...Do Wa the Do Wa the Do Wa.

• Haha 1