Boris And Carrie Johnson Fined For Party Gate Along With Rishi Sunak

Should Boris resign?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Should Boris resign?

21 minutes ago, West 77 said:

The truth is the people wanting Boris to resign the most are the same people who have never supported him or voted for him to be the Prime Minister. 

I will add I trusted Boris to get Brexit done and he's achieved that.  I trust Boris to continue leading our country until the next general election and will decide then if I want to continue voting for a party led by him.

That maybe true, but he's a serial liar, nobody can trust anything that comes out of his mouth. He also has no moral scruples, he's shown to be completely untrustworthy, even to the house.

The general public for the most part also are starting to know this.

It's only a matter of time until Tory mps work out he's undermining their grip on power

23 minutes ago, melthebell said:

That maybe true, but he's a serial liar, nobody can trust anything that comes out of his mouth. He also has no moral scruples, he's shown to be completely untrustworthy, even to the house.

The general public for the most part also are starting to know this.

It's only a matter of time until Tory mps work out he's undermining their grip on power

Top post. :thumbsup:

38 minutes ago, melthebell said:

Since I posted this I've  just noticed one Tory peer has quit.

No doubt to some he'll be a 'wet'

I just think we need another Goverment,  the trust in this lot as completly gone, imo. On saying that I have never ever trusted Conservatives, poverty creaters,  always have been and always will be. :roll:

Edited by PRESLEY

1 hour ago, West 77 said:

The truth is the people wanting Boris to resign the most are the same people who have never supported him or voted for him to be the Prime Minister. 

personally, i quite like him with the right ... 'handling' he would have been brilliant. With his 'act' he somehow achieves broad appeal, he's often really quite progressive,  he's almost another Ken Clarke - a one-nation tory.

i'm not sure i'd trust him to park my car, but as an entertaining, enthusiastic, focal point, he's got a lot going for him as PM.

remember his recent speech at the party conference? that was bloody great. A bit wayward, a bit mad, but i want to live in the country that he talked about!

but he lied to parliament. 

(this won't be the first job he's lost through lying, but it might be the last)

he needed a cabinet of boring, serious, bland, professional politicians, to keep it all on track, He could have made jokes about it, but he surrounded himself with brainless yes-men (and women) who owe him their entire careers. When he goes, they'll go, so they'll fight to death to keep him in office, and that's no way to keep the lights on.

Edited by ads36

18 minutes ago, ads36 said:

personally, i quite like him with the right ... 'handling' he would have been brilliant. With his 'act' he somehow achieves broad appeal, he's often really quite progressive,  he's almost another Ken Clarke - a one-nation tory.

i'm not sure i'd trust him to park my car, but as an entertaining, enthusiastic, focal point, he's got a lot going for him as PM.

remember his recent speech at the party conference? that was bloody great. A bit wayward, a bit mad, but i want to live in the country that he talked about!

but he lied to parliament. 

(this won't be the first job he's lost through lying, but it might be the last)

he needed a cabinet of boring, serious, bland, professional politicians, to keep it all on track, He could have made jokes about it, but he surrounded himself with brainless yes-men (and women) who owe him their entire careers. When he goes, they'll go, so they'll fight to death to keep him in office, and that's no way to keep the lights on.

Good post. :thumbsup: . I agree with a lot of this

On 14/04/2022 at 14:27, trastrick said:

In another world, long gone, he should have definitely resigned,  but times have changed :)

Boris will be on the phone to all is very rich donors for support, money can work wonders . if we did something bad at work we were sacked , but they live in a different world if the labour leader had done the things boris as done ,the conservatives  press , and tv ,would be baying for him to go, 

17 hours ago, CaptainSwing said:

Does the smiley face indicate that you think that times have changed for the better in this respect?

I have lived through allot off different times and I can truthfully tell you that thatcher years in this part off England were really bad for the true working class . In south yorkshire, steel works . Pits , lads not getting proper apprenticeships . The south did not see this.. And never will ,but the last twelve , I could go on and on . But it’s no good is it , I am 78 and have seen it all . But nothing like this , it is past a joke ,we need men with morals  as far asi can see it’s going back like the thirties , my father and grandfather told me how bad it was then no unions rich men owning pits . Do we want those times back , just a working class lad from a working class back ground ,