Boris And Carrie Johnson Fined For Party Gate Along With Rishi Sunak

Should Boris resign?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Should Boris resign?

23 minutes ago, sibon said:

However, it is very clear that the press and the public directly affect the decisions made regarding the office of Prime Minister.

It is? 

Maybe you could cite some recent cases where that has actually happened.

Maybe you should also read up the meaning of holding someone to account as the only body that can do that when it comes to the PM is as stated, parliament.

Keep trying....

Guest sibon
11 minutes ago, Dromedary said:

It is? 

Maybe you should also read up the meaning of holding someone to account as the only body that can do that when it comes to the PM is as stated, parliament.

Keep trying....

You are talking absolute nonsense. The government only governs by the permission of the people. That permission is being withdrawn day by day. If you don't believe me, take a look at today's Times, or The Telegraph or twitter.

Johnson is toast, just as May was before him. Different reasons, same mechanism. The people withdraw their support, the Tory party act to save their own careers. It has always been that way.

1 hour ago, PRESLEY said:

When not IF  Boris gets booted out,  I hope he doesn't go into the second hand car buisness, he makes ArthurDaley sound like Mother Teresa. :hihi:

Vey true and imagine him with Priti Patel as his minder too.

53 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

When boris goes so will most of his cabinet but I think they know the writing is on the wall now .  If he gets away with this then he may be able to walk on water, 

1 hour ago, Organgrinder said:

Yeh!  instead of Terreeee it would pritiiiii. When the cameras are outside no10, I shall be looking in the background for a white ford capri. :hihi:

2 hours ago, Dromedary said:

It is? 

Keep trying....

The poll tax riots were a key factor in getting Thatcher booted out of office.

John Major's Government faced public humiliation in the press at his 'Back to Basics' drive. The press interpreted that as a return to 'traditional family values'; which was distinctly at odds with the behaviour of some of his ministers and Mps. 

Edited by Mister M

And there's more:

No 10 staff receive fines for BYOB party Boris Johnson attended, sources tell ITV News | ITV News

What's Johnson's excuse going to be this time?

Very helpfully, the Met police said:

"While the investigation will continue during the pre-election period, due to the restrictions around communicating before the May local elections we will not provide further updates until after 5 May."

6 minutes ago, West 77 said:

There's no evidence to support Boris has lied or misled Parliament.  All we do know is he's accepted and paid a fixed penalty notice.  You're correct I don't care when we live in a World where there are more important things happening such as the Russian invasion of Ukraine. When I heard yesterday that the Russian army have mobile cremation vehicles in order to hide the number of innocent civilians they have killed I cared very much. The truth is the British media and British politicians need to get a grip instead of wasting time on trivial nonsense.

And the fact that you call it trivial nonsense has nothing to do with the fact that it incriminates Boris Johnson I suppose?