Boris And Carrie Johnson Fined For Party Gate Along With Rishi Sunak

Should Boris resign?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Should Boris resign?

4 minutes ago, Mister M said:

Representative of what? 

One person's opinion is anecdotal. The deceased teacher may have had an opinion about partygate, and he may have tried to convince his colleagues of the rightness of his opinion. Whether his opinion carried much weight would depend on whether they trusted his opinion; how far his opinion accorded with their experiences and views; whether they trusted the Prime Minister and his version of events; and whether the Prime Minister had lied before.

Multiplied by every Sheffield headteacher along with their teaching staff. 

3 minutes ago, West 77 said:

What utter nonsense. The same can be said about opinion polls.  There is no one to replace Boris who will command the same level of electoral support  he did both in the 2019 General Election and two London Mayoral Elections.  The fact is no past Tory leader in recent times would have won traditional Labour seats such as Bolsover, Rother Valley and Bassetlaw like Boris did.  No Tory Mayoral candidate is ever likely to win that election for the foreseeable future.  Any main party leader has to have the ability and charisma to win the support of the floating voting otherwise they are not a good choice to be a party leader.  The truth is the Tory party don't have anyone waiting in the wings who has the same charisma as Boris even though they have at a guess about one hundred MPs who could do the job of Prime Minister excellently.

Professional opinion polls for polling organisations would control for things like political background, age, gender etc, and would have a large enough sample of people to make it representative and reasonably robust. I might speak to a few people down the pub about something like partygate, but I wouldn't say my conversations are conclusive.

With regards to Johnson's appeal to voters in Bolsover, Rother Valley and Bassetlaw, I would suspect that Brexit had something to do with his previous wins in those seats. Not sure what else about Johnson appeals to those voters.

If Johnson had such charisma, why are people furious about the fact that while they were keeping to rules, Johnson was partying? I'd say it's because they've sussed that Johnson thinks the rules are for the little people, and the fact that he lied and wriggled since been found out has further ****** people off.

22 minutes ago, crookesey said:

So people can't make up their own minds on something that's hit them personally; but instead would have their minds made up for them by someone down the pub because the Labour Party says so?

20 minutes ago, Mister M said:

Professional opinion polls for polling organisations would control for things like political background, age, gender etc, and would have a large enough sample of people to make it representative and reasonably robust. I might speak to a few people down the pub about something like partygate, but I wouldn't say my conversations are conclusive.

With regards to Johnson's appeal to voters in Bolsover, Rother Valley and Bassetlaw, I would suspect that Brexit had something to do with his previous wins in those seats. Not sure what else about Johnson appeals to those voters.

If Johnson had such charisma, why are people furious about the fact that while they were keeping to rules, Johnson was partying? I'd say it's because they've sussed that Johnson thinks the rules are for the little people, and the fact that he lied and wriggled since been found out has further ****** people off.

So people can't make up their own minds on something that's hit them personally; but instead would have their minds made up for them by someone down the pub because the Labour Party says so?

6 minutes ago, spilldig said:

Well he is still there and if he wasn't popular they would be shut of him.

The response I made asking for evidence was to this post.

2 hours ago, West 77 said:

Time will tell whether public opinion changes enough for Boris to lose the next general election.  The BBC, other media outlets and politicians are using propaganda techniques to create a false impression that the majority of public opinion is against Boris. 

But on your point, Tory MPs at the moment are considering Johnson's future. Some have already put their letters of no confidence in him to the 1922 cttee. Others are waiting for the local election results.

Edited by Mister M

1 hour ago, West 77 said:

Agreed.

I will add the opposition parties want Boris to resign because they know a new Tory leader will not command the same level of support he had in the 2019 General Election meaning they are likely to take more seats from the Tories in a General Election.  I'm not suggesting the Tory party are short of candidates to be an excellent Prime Minister.

Lol

Is there any history of Labour NOT calling for a Tory MP to resign?

It's just noise and clamor from the usual suspects, magnified by their pals in the Media.

It's of no real consequence, unless his own Party gang up on him.

There's always a few in his own Party, who put their finger to the wind, in their own constituency, and join the oppostion, but they don't matter.

Guest sibon
55 minutes ago, crookesey said:

I spent over 30 years working in a variety of Sheffield schools, in a variety of positions and for a fair number of headteachers.

I can't ever remember a single headteacher attempting to influence me in a political manner.

Edited by sibon

2 minutes ago, trastrick said:

Lol

Is there any history of Labour NOT calling for a Tory MP to resign?

It's just noise and clamor from the usual suspects, magnified by their pals in the Media.

It's of no real consequence, unless his own Party gang up on him.

There's always a few in his own Party, who put their finger to the wind, in their own constituency, and join the oppostion, but they don't matter.

Agreed. 

Just now, Slinny said:

Do you think in local elections borises lot will do as well. Do you think the people listening to the king is in his all together , will still believe it  but who can they get who does not lie to the public .  I really want them all gone . So why not have a election .  Just a person who still believes in morals .