Boris And Carrie Johnson Fined For Party Gate Along With Rishi Sunak

Should Boris resign?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Should Boris resign?

1 minute ago, West 77 said:

Mostly nonsense again from a Mister Man.

The man who came third in the last Tory leadership was Michael Gove who like Boris was a supporter of Brexit.  I've no doubt The Tories wouldn't have won Bolsover, Rother Valley and Bassetlaw if Michael Gove had been Tory party leader for the 2019 General Election.

It's not a surprise some Tory MPs have put their letters in because many Tory MPs have never really liked Boris but he was supported by the majority of Tory MPs because he was the best candidate to delivery General Election success.  Just under 50 % of Tory MPs supported either Jeremy Hunt or Michael Gove in the final round of the leadership contest in 2019 before it went to the members.

Why do you want to talk about Brexit when the subject under discussion is about Johnson's non compliance with the rules, and his subsequent wriggling and lying?

Is it too uncomfortable for you?

6 hours ago, sibon said:

Having read many examples of you misunderstanding the point, using more than one username, I'm not surprised that you can't understand the concept of democracy.

Misunderstanding the point.... No I corrected it.

More than one username..? Now you have said that it only goes to show you have lost it so keep digging.. Hows that allotment coming on....:hihi:

I'll leave you to BBC bitesize. The rest of us can all sit and watch as the power of public opinion finishes off the odious Johnson.

Ah, so it now changed to the power of public opinion and not actual power, glad we go that sorted.

Edited by Dromedary

3 minutes ago, West 77 said:

Oh dear, you've already forgotten it was you who brought Brexit up in your Mister Man reply you made regarding Bolsover, Rother Valley and Bassetlaw.

Yes I mentioned Brexit because you mentioned them here 

1 hour ago, West 77 said:

What utter nonsense. The same can be said about opinion polls.  There is no one to replace Boris who will command the same level of electoral support  he enjoyed both in the 2019 General Election and two London Mayoral Elections.  The fact is no past Tory leader in recent times would have won traditional Labour seats such as Bolsover, Rother Valley and Bassetlaw like Boris did.  No Tory Mayoral candidate is ever likely to win that election for the foreseeable future.  Any main party leader has to have the ability and charisma to win the support of the floating voter otherwise they are not a good choice to be a party leader.  The truth is the Tory party don't have anyone waiting in the wings who has the same charisma as Boris even though they have at a guess about one hundred MPs who could do the job of Prime Minister excellently.

Because Brexit was the reason that Johnson won these seats.

50 minutes ago, sibon said:

I spent over 30 years working in a variety of Sheffield schools, in a variety of positions and for a fair number of headteachers.

I can't ever remember a single headteacher attempting to influence me in a political manner.

They wouldn’t have to with you, would they?

2 minutes ago, Dromedary said:

Yep, power to the people.....;)

And it's the people who followed the rules Johnson brought in, who now have found out that Johnson himself didn't obey, and subsequently lied about, will put pressure on their MPs to get rid of him.

power to the people indeed. 

11 minutes ago, Mister M said:

And it's the people who followed the rules Johnson brought in, who now have found out that Johnson himself didn't obey, and subsequently lied about, will put pressure on their MPs to get rid of him.

power to the people indeed. 

That's about as much power as an opinion poll has!

Which now begs the question... just how many have put pressure on their MP to get rid of Johnson? All the public seem to be doing is listening to the media hysteria and being whipped up into a frenzy because they know there is little they can do about personally. 

As said by me before he should have gone ages ago but he didn't. Almost 3 years on and he is still there.

Edited by Dromedary

Just now, Dromedary said:

That's about as much power as an opinion poll has!

Which now begs the question... just how many have put pressure on their MP to get rid of Johnson? All the public seem to be doing is listening to the media hysteria and being whipped up into a frenzy because they know there is little they can do about personally. 

They're listening to and obeying the media's hysteria, seemingly incapable of making up their own mind on the issue. An issue that has affected many of them personally? 

Hmmm:loopy:

Just now, Mister M said:

They're listening to and obeying the media's hysteria, seemingly incapable of making up their own mind on the issue. An issue that has affected many of them personally? 

Hmmm:loopy:

Then it just shows how dumb some are by doing that, sheep comes to mind. Just how many of those are actually complaining have allegedly been affected? Maybe there should be a poll on that one...

8 minutes ago, Dromedary said:

Then it just shows how dumb some are by doing that, sheep comes to mind. Just how many of those are actually complaining have allegedly been affected? Maybe there should be a poll on that one...

With the exception of those who broke the rules consistently, everyone has been affected - whether they couldn't visit someone in a care home, or a dying relative in hospital, or open up their business, or couldn't mix with others as they normally would.