Boris And Carrie Johnson Fined For Party Gate Along With Rishi Sunak

Should Boris resign?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Should Boris resign?

27 minutes ago, hobinfoot said:

The Met police have said they have conclude its investigations into party gate and no further action will be taken.

Of course no further action will be taken,  Met Police had to go through the motions to make it look good, :hihi:   if action had been taken it would just be a matter of time before action takers would have been out of a job,  Mrs Dick found that out, all them years service then over night came a resignation,  very suspect.  :suspect:

7 minutes ago, West 77 said:

It's not a surprise some Downing Street workers have received more than one fine. If they didn't think they were breaking rules at one work gatherings then they wouldn't have thought they were breaking rules at another work gathering. It's similar to a motorist getting two speeding tickets on the same stretch of road on the same day when they didn't think they were speeding.

I will add the anti Boris / anti Tory / anti Brexit / anti democratic mob will be gutted Boris has only been issued with one fixed penalty notice.  On the positive side the Met police can get on with investigating real crimes and arresting real criminals now the Downing Street investigations have been concluded.

These were real crimes,  crimes against people who were following the rules while that Bent B_ _ _ _ _ _ _ Boris broke them,  you no doubt followed the rules set out,  just think your illustrias leader was partying while you were locked down.  How big a mug do you feel.  :hihi:

15 minutes ago, West 77 said:

It's not a surprise some Downing Street workers have received more than one fine. If they didn't think they were breaking rules at one work gatherings then they wouldn't have thought they were breaking rules at another work gathering. It's similar to a motorist getting two speeding tickets on the same stretch of road on the same day when they didn't think they were speeding.

I will add the anti Boris / anti Tory / anti Brexit / anti democratic mob will be gutted Boris has only been issued with one fixed penalty notice.  On the positive side the Met police can get on with investigating real crimes and arresting real criminals now the Downing Street investigations have been concluded.

There are a lot of Tory/Boris/Brexit supporters who are unhappy with the whole partygate investigation and the fact the Boris lied.

18 minutes ago, Zinger549 said:

There are a lot of Tory/Boris/Brexit supporters who are unhappy with the whole partygate investigation and the fact the Boris lied.

Well he got away with it ,who would have thought it . But then again it normal now . This country has really gone to the dogs it’s worse than thatcher and her son.

24 minutes ago, PRESLEY said:

These were real crimes,  crimes against people who were following the rules while that Bent B_ _ _ _ _ _ _ Boris broke them,  you no doubt followed the rules set out,  just think your illustrias leader was partying while you were locked down.  How big a mug do you feel.  :hihi:

Talking about real crimes.... Over 117,000 people in England and Wales actually got caught and received a FPN for breaking the rules and they were just the ones, like Johnson, who got caught. I'm sure there were many more who broke the rules but didn't get caught out as well. 

56 minutes ago, West 77 said:

Nonsense.  Boris was running the country and making difficult decisions in order to manage a once in one hundred hundred year pandemic.  I'm not a big fan of civil servants but I have respect  for all of them who turned up for work during the lockdowns especially during the first one.  Yes, I did follow the rules and guidelines.  During the first lockdown I only went out once a week early on a Monday morning to do the weekly shop and was fortunately I could get on with work related activities at home.  I don't feel a mug at all because I'm a rational person and I also believe the work related gatherings in Downing Street weren't parties. 

Boris hasn't lied because he didn't judge the work gatherings he attended in Downing Street to be parties.  At the end of the day Boris received one fixed penalty notice for eating a slice of birthday cake given to him at his place of work on his birthday. I will add on that same day Boris visited a school and was given a birthday cake while the children sang happy birthday to him.  The truth is the whole 'partygate' saga is utter nonsense created by the media and fueled mainly by opposition political party politicians for political point scoring reasons.

In your opinion Boris hasn't lied. Many people including Tory voters/supporters would disagree with you.  But you love Boris and think Brexit has been a great success so he can do no wrong on your eyes.

1 hour ago, West 77 said:

Nonsense.  Boris was running the country and making difficult decisions in order to manage a once in one hundred hundred year pandemic.  I'm not a big fan of civil servants but I have respect  for all of them who turned up for work during the lockdowns especially during the first one.  Yes, I did follow the rules and guidelines.  During the first lockdown I only went out once a week early on a Monday morning to do the weekly shop and was fortunately I could get on with work related activities at home.  I don't feel a mug at all because I'm a rational person and I also believe the work related gatherings in Downing Street weren't parties. 

Boris hasn't lied because he didn't judge the work gatherings he attended in Downing Street to be parties.  At the end of the day Boris received one fixed penalty notice for eating a slice of birthday cake given to him at his place of work on his birthday. I will add on that same day Boris visited a school and was given a birthday cake while the children sang happy birthday to him.  The truth is the whole 'partygate' saga is utter nonsense created by the media and fueled mainly by opposition political party politicians for political point scoring reasons.

Have we really got a Prime Minister so dim that he doesn't recognise a party even though he's actually at one?

I don't think so. 

I don't even think that's an important question anymore, because Johnson doing what he's done throughout his life.

I think a more interesting question is do Tory voters like being lied to, being treated like fools, being treated like collateral.

No, the partygate scandal wasn't created by the media. It was created by Boris Johnson, but of course, personal responsibility is not a quality Johnson has much of.

It's fascinating to see the mental gymnastics and hoops of logic that his supporters will jump through to defend their man.

The Met might've thought they've done him a favour. They haven't.

It's just got a lot worse for him.

Edited by Mister M