Boris And Carrie Johnson Fined For Party Gate Along With Rishi Sunak

Should Boris resign?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Should Boris resign?

For the people who worked during the lockdown in offices or other environments (as i did)

Did you manage to maintain social distancing throughout the whole period?

Did you not wish others happy birthday if it was their birthday?

Did you ever have a drink with a work colleague, alcoholic or not?

Did you ever have a piece of food if offered? 

Or if you were paid to stay at home through furlough

Did you ever think, thanks for trying to protect us and keep the country going even though the PM had covid himself and was hospitalised.

Im not  a Tory or a Boris supporter but fgs, if anyone was entitled to have a drink during this then the people running the country trying to support the economy and keeping people in employment were. 

But hey, Boris had a slice of cake so he must resign. 

Who cares, there isn't a politician out there who hasn't lied to try and protect themselves. 

What's your alternative for those who want him out? All you will get is a new Conservative PM. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, West 77 said:

It's only your bias opinion  along with the rest of the anti Boris sheep that he lied.  The truth is Boris didn't believe the gatherings  were against the rules and most certainly didn't judge the work gatherings to be parties meaning he didn't lie or deliberately mislead Parliament. Eating a slice of birthday cake given to you at work is not considered to be attending a party by normal people during normal times.  The whole saga has been created by the media and supported by the opposition parties for political point scoring purposes.  The news coverage on SKY this morning presented by a women who arranged her own birthday party during lockdown kept repeating clips of Boris and Sunak holding a pint of beer above their heads to give the impression they were partying.  Sunak didn't even take a sip of the beer.

I will add I'm more than happy with Boris being our country's Prime Minister and will always be grateful to him because he was the only politician who could get the electoral support to enable Brexit to get done which was our country's democratic choice.

You’re wasting your time, Boris and friends were obviously out of their heads on booze, dancing the Hokey Cokey, and sharing a joint.

28 minutes ago, West 77 said:

Nobody can prove that Boris deliberately intended to deceive Parliament with his comments

he said there were no parties - that's not an opinion, it's on Hansard.

he was _at_ them - that's not an opinion, even he's not disputing that, he's accepted the FPN.

he lied in parliament.

Edited by ads36

I know they have done wrong and been rightly punished but the press are really making a meal of this . Kay Burley ( yes that one ) talking about how Boris broke the rules at the Christmas quiz with drinks and tinsel . Boris did it by a zoom call , sat at a desk with I think one other person. There was tinsel and a drink on his desk 

1 minute ago, West 77 said:

He said there were no parties because he didn't judge the work gatherings he attended to be parties.  Accepting the fixed penalty fine doesn't make him guilty of lying to parliament or deliberately misleading parliament.  

I agree with you