Boris And Carrie Johnson Fined For Party Gate Along With Rishi Sunak

Should Boris resign?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Should Boris resign?

They were 'work gatherings' ... ?

let's see the minutes.

why was Carrie there?

why was the bloody interior designer there?

Why did Allegra Stratton have to resign?

pull  the other one.

it's just more lies.

Edited by ads36

1 minute ago, ads36 said:

They were 'work gatherings' ... ?

let's see the minutes.

why was Carrie there?

why was the bloody interior designer there?

pull  the other one.

it's just more lies.

Do you take minutes at your parties?

5 minutes ago, Gormenghast said:

Do you take minutes at your parties?

so they *were* parties... glad we cleared that up.

so he lied about it, in Parliament.

Rule number one from the Ministerial Code : "ministers are directed not to mislead parliament"

Rule number 1! - the most important rule, the one that's at the top, and it doesn't even say 'lie' , it says "mislead", which covers a whole host of shiftiness.

Edited by ads36

4 hours ago, ab6262 said:

oh for gods sake stop the handwringing will you!! it was a little gathering after work for his birthday he knew or didnt know i dont care , 95% of the country did the same if they would only admit it i know many many people that broke lockdown rules.

and as for your comments " whooping it up"  "jape" and "little people" in downing st blimey you should be an opposition spin doctor lol, get a reality check woman !

All the groups I mentioned in my first paragraph could not break the law.

If you came up against any organisation, (and there were many) be it care homes, hospitals, funeral directors, wedding arrangers etc, the rules had to be followed to the letter. No exceptions. That's the point.

Those with authority in institutions had to administer the letter of the law or face prosecution. and they did, whether it broke people's hearts or not.

To find that the most important institution in the country, the very people who deemed these draconian measures necessary in the first place, were not taking it seriously at all beggars belief, puts the whole 'pandemic' controversy  in a new light, and reeks of hypocrisy to say the least, and tells you all you need to know about this government.

Surely you can see this?   

35 minutes ago, ads36 said:

so they *were* parties... glad we cleared that up.

so he lied about it, in Parliament.

Rule number one from the Ministerial Code : "ministers are directed not to mislead parliament"

Rule number 1! - the most important rule, the one that's at the top, and it doesn't even say 'lie' , it says "mislead", which covers a whole host of shiftiness.

well even if it was a party it wasnt a very good one / simply a drink and cake with a colleague as  a surprise or not.

but a lie ? barely! now can we move on 

Just now, ads36 said:

which one?

There were at least 16 (sixteen!) different breaches.

sounds to me not like parties at all with that many, more like work meetings that had a quick drink at the end,like the rest of us

15 minutes ago, Anna B said:

All the groups I mentioned in my first paragraph could not break the law.

If you came up against any organisation, (and there were many) be it care homes, hospitals, funeral directors, wedding arrangers etc, the rules had to be followed to the letter. No exceptions. That's the point.

Those with authority in institutions had to administer the letter of the law or face prosecution. and they did, whether it broke people's hearts or not.

To find that the most important institution in the country, the very people who deemed these draconian measures necessary in the first place, were not taking it seriously at all beggars belief, puts the whole 'pandemic' controversy  in a new light, and reeks of hypocrisy to say the least, and tells you all you need to know about this government.

Surely you can see this?   

Since you ignored it earlier

but of course your beloved Jeremy never broke the lockdown rules did he.....................................

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/jeremy-corbyn-rule-of-six-dinner-party-coronavirus-labour-boris-johnson-b735766.html

https://metro.co.uk/2021/02/26/jeremy-corbyn-seen-breaking-lockdown-rules-again-14149007/

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9095135/Did-Jeremy-Corbyn-break-rules-Ex-Labour-leader-filmed-brother-two-Christmas-Day.html