Boris And Carrie Johnson Fined For Party Gate Along With Rishi Sunak

Should Boris resign?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Should Boris resign?

9 minutes ago, ab6262 said:

sounds to me not like parties at all with that many, more like work meetings that had a quick drink at the end,like the rest of us

no, not like the rest of us.

wives and friends were invited, they were told to bring a bottle, they even sent out for more booze.

honestly, i could move on from bloody parties, it's the lies.

Edited by ads36

9 minutes ago, ab6262 said:

sounds to me not like parties at all with that many, more like work meetings that had a quick drink at the end,like the rest of us

why did the police issue fines then? they must think they were more like parties

22 minutes ago, ads36 said:

i'm inclined to agree.

now let's address the lies to parliament. it's very easy to resolve.

Not really as it all hinges on whether he knowingly or intentionally lied to parliament at the time. If it is deemed that he did then that is then for the speaker of the HOC to deal with and address and not the media or by others wishful thinking.

38 minutes ago, Dromedary said:

They have been dealt with under the laws, have apologise and have paid their fines.

Can we now move on from this media led hysteria as its all getting rather repetitive and boring.

Not really, how can we the public trust them now at all, theyve shown repeatedly, they lie, they dont adhere to rules and laws they brought in, they have no honesty, no morality 

6 minutes ago, Dromedary said:

Not really as it all hinges on whether he knowingly or intentionally lied to parliament at the time.

he was _at_ the parties. he denied any wrong-doing.

If he's so dim-witted that he can't recognise when he's at a party (for which they 'needed' to send out for more wine) then there's even more reason to show him the door.

so he's either hopelessly thick, or a liar.

(possibly both)

Edited by ads36

3 minutes ago, melthebell said:

Not really, how can we the public trust them now at all, theyve shown repeatedly, they lie, they dont adhere to rules and laws they brought in, they have no honesty, no morality 

Then that is up to the next election voters to sort out as even if they did resign it changes nothing and they would still be MPs.

Guest sibon
7 minutes ago, Dromedary said:

Not really as it all hinges on whether he knowingly or intentionally lied to parliament at the time. If it is deemed that he did then that is then for the speaker of the HOC to deal with and address and not the media or by others wishful thinking.

To be fair, if he is so stupid that he can't recognise a birthday party, he should be driven out of office by  a pack of wild dogs.

We need a serious, competent leader. He is none of those things.

1 hour ago, ads36 said:

so they *were* parties... glad we cleared that up.

Not at all. You've proved my point.

If you think there were minutes, that means it was an official meeting, not a party