Sheffield City Hall

Evi

Went to a show last night. We bought a drink, 2 double g&ts which were served in plastic cups, warm no ice or lemon and £13 something. OK, that’s the way they do it. At the interval we decided to go over the road and get a better g&t, ice glass etc £6 something. Oh no. They’d cordoned us in. The centre doors were open and a small area taped off for the smokers. We went through and went under the tape. A security man chased after us saying we couldn’t go back. Surely  this is not right. 

So just to clarify, you left Venue A at the interval to go and buy drinks from Venue B, and then attempted to go back into Venue A with the drinks you had purchased from Venue B?

Yes, I can see why they would get the hump.

Edited by HeHasRisen

Pay the price and enjoy.

Or bring a cold water flask next time with G&T ice and lemon and enjoy. Yours will be better quality and no need to line up at the bar or argue with other staff. Easier and more peaceful looking for a solution than getting stressed or annoyed about it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Evi said:

Went to a show last night. We bought a drink, 2 double g&ts which were served in plastic cups, warm no ice or lemon and £13 something. OK, that’s the way they do it. At the interval we decided to go over the road and get a better g&t, ice glass etc £6 something. Oh no. They’d cordoned us in. The centre doors were open and a small area taped off for the smokers. We went through and went under the tape. A security man chased after us saying we couldn’t go back. Surely  this is not right. 

I'm confused as to what actually happened here and what the complain is?

It started reading as just a complaint about drink prices but suddenly you're being chased by someone?
You left the City Hall and they wouldn't let you back in?

You tried to take your drinks from the external bar in to the City Hall?

Where were you cordoned in?

I do feel the double measure mentioned in the OP might be getting missed a bit 😄

So actually it was it a double G&T, in a place like City Hall, for about £6.50. I'm guessing then a single would have been about £4.50-£5.00?

Modern drink prices (things have changed a bit during the pandemic) coupled with the inflated prices you tend to get at a theatre/cinema bar? I'm not sure it sounds that expensive. Granted though, I had my pretty much one & only G&T about 10 years ago!

Edited by AndrewC

A valid ticket that states 

10. This ticket is valid for one admission only. Upon scanning or removal of the stub it will become invalid for re-admission.

It's perfectly obvious how a general right if readmittance would lead to chaos