Bbc : Biased Broadcasting Corporation

46 minutes ago, top4718 said:

This thread is about the BBC and bias, it makes bold claims to be impartial saying it happens all the time is no good in the context of this thread, that's the crux of it.

I don't think we can now trust anyone, you have to read from various sources and make up your own mind/experiences to discern what to believe, are you really saying you need media to tell you how to live your life/behave, how did the human race survive for the centuries it has prior to radio/tv?

I trust most people initially up to the point where I have reason not to trust them.

I agree with you that information is available from many sources which makes your decision to dismiss all BBC news as MSM rubbish illogical.

As an organisation that actually has reporters on the ground it is a primary source of news.

Just now, Annie Bynnol said:

What is "...it..." ?

By gum you do watch rubbish on tele. I'd forgotten who he was. 

I've already said on the other thread, I don't watch terrestrial TV.

1 minute ago, RJRB said:

I trust most people initially up to the point where I have reason not to trust them.

I agree with you that information is available from many sources which makes your decision to dismiss all BBC news as MSM rubbish illogical.

As an organisation that actually has reporters on the ground it is a primary source of news.

Your being too black /white with your approach, no ones saying it's all rubbish it's the biased way they report it, almost anyone that goes against the official narrative is labelled "far right" by the MSM, I know lots of people who question the MSM's output but I don't think I've met anyone I could label far right in my entire life.

1 hour ago, top4718 said:

I think the deaths and injuries might have just undermined it a little more.

If by "it" you mean confidence in vaccines, that could well be true for people who don't require objective evidence to make their minds up, and can be scared into belief by shock videos like #died suddenly that don't provide any.

1 hour ago, Prettytom said:

Are you not a little embarrassed to post stuff like this?

Unless you are some kind of polymath, you can’t have the expertise to make your own mind up. You need experts, who have detailed knowledge. And good journalists to interrogate them.

And we survived for centuries without radio and tv by dying young and leading difficult, often miserable lives.

The Middle Ages would have suited people like you down to the ground.

I'd be far more embarrassed to say I need a nanny state to tell how to think tbh.

You really think we have those anymore 🤣

So everyone before the advent of TV was miserable, what absolute garbage.

1 minute ago, top4718 said:

If you've not been in a cave for the last decade you'll notice that many forms of social media have sprung up where tv clips etc can be posted. 🙄

That's pretty much the same as watching a terrestrial broadcast, except that it gives the person posting the opportunity to selectively quote or otherwise distort the material to put their own spin on things. Which at least answers the outstanding question asked many times about what you regard as trustworthy sources.

Of the many things posted on social media, how do you evaluate which are trustworthy and which aren't. Or are you just being led by the nose towards what someone else wants you to believe?