Bbc : Biased Broadcasting Corporation

17 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Do you trust the BBC? 

What a shame that such a potentially interesting debate has come to this, rather pathetic, repetitive deflection.  You’ve asked me my opinion of the BBC and I gave it to you.  An honest, straight answer.

For the avoidance of doubt, I watch the BBC news with the same level of doubt that I also apply to GB news. Al Jazeera and all of the others. Be in no doubt though, the truth is in there somewhere.

You and your mate have failed to answer my question over and over again.

It is always like this. So called sceptics post stuff about not trusting the msm. Those same, so called sceptics are unable (or unwilling) to say who they do trust once they are challenged.

Its a bit boring really. So, if you really can’t answer my question then let’s leave it there. We all know why you can’t answer it anyway.

Edited by Prettytom
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Tyke02 said:

Sigh.  You said you knew what was in broadcast media because there were TV clips on social media. Changing the subject already.

Personally if I see something on TV or on social media that makes claims that are interesting and says there's evidence I go to the source of the evidence, rather than just believe what someone else is telling me about it. What interview transcript did you have in mind?

You haven't answered my question about how you decide which of those social media sources are trustworthy.  

Your going round in circles and saying nothing. 

35 minutes ago, top4718 said:

They have an 89% vaccination rate, where have they "chosen not to"?

You are missing that less than 40% of the most vulnerable age groups have had a vaccine, and the CCP have declined offers of the more effective vaccines.  

32 minutes ago, top4718 said:

They're trying to defend the BBC as most of the covid garbage they've taken hook, line and sinker was broadcast on it, trying the defend the indefensible, if they want to carry on being brainwashed let them get on with it, if you post a link to a TV article on social media though it becomes untrue apparently, the logic they're having to bend to keep justifying what they've been led into believing is unreal.

So now it's a link to a TV article, not a clip or a transcript.   Do make your mind up.

Apart from trivia, I trust very few sources without verifying where their information comes from, and the logic of what they are claiming based on it.  

But feel free to carry on making up things that people didn't say if you can't come up with any better arguments.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, top4718 said:

You really don't get it do you, reporting these things is one thing, putting them at the forefront of their reporting is another, if you use the BBC website you can choose which categories you want to see, I doubt "health" would be at the top of many lists, it might be there but they know most people skim read and don't go searching for articles, this is where their bias comes in.

Checkers said that the BBC didn't platform alternative views, so I did a search on the names of some of the key people to see what came up and those were the first few results. I remember reading a couple of them at the time, which means they likely came up in my newsfeed at the time.

23 minutes ago, Tyke02 said:

You mean there weren't reports like this? https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-54442386

or this: https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000l80g

or Heneghan and Woolhouse comments in here: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-54785032

I mean this (and dozens of similar incidents) :

I can remember hearing an interview on R4's Today (my old car only got FM so I had to listen to the Beeb when in there...) where a French politician from Macron's ruling party was being asked about vaccine passports. She said "we need them to protect people if, for example, they are visiting a museum".

The BBC interviewer just accepted that and never asked her any questions, such as how do vaccine passports protect people if the vaccines do not actually stop transmission of Covid ? Nor did she ask her why vaccinated people should be concerned about catching Covid if the vaccines work ? Which, by definition, you must think or you would not have introduced vaccine passports. etc etc  It was absolutely pathetic and I was shouting at the radio..... It was typical of the Beeb and much MSM, all that subliminal "information" they're putting over without doing so openly. It's no wonder so many people actually wanted, for example, vaccine passports despite the fact they were obviously a useless idea from the very start. 

Sarah Hartley Brewer would have had her (the French Politician) for breakfast.

Edited by Chekhov

12 minutes ago, top4718 said:

Your going round in circles and saying nothing. 

My pointing out you keep changing your story is more a symptom of you going round in circles.

Why won't you say how you decide which social media sources are reliable?  I've told you how I do it.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

I can remember hearing an interview on R4's Today (my old car only got FM so I had to listen to the Beeb when in there...) where a French politician from Macron's ruling party was being asked about vaccine passports. She said "we need them to protect people if, for example, they are visiting a museum".

The BBC interviewer just accepted that and never asked her any questions, such as how do vaccine passports protect people if the vaccines do not actually stop transmission of Covid ? Nor did she ask her why vaccinated people should be concerned about catching Covid if the vaccines work ? Which, by definition, you must think or you would not have introduced vaccine passports. etc etc  It was absolutely pathetic and I was shouting at the radio..... It was typical of the Beeb and much MSM, all that subliminal "information" they're putting over without doing so openly. It's no wonder so many people actually wanted, for example, vaccine passports despite the fact they were obviously a useless idea from the very start. 

This happens a lot on the BBC, they don't ask the relevant questions, or follow statements up. 

Which is why a good interviewer is vital. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tyke02 said:

Checkers said that the BBC didn't platform alternative views, so I did a search on the names of some of the key people to see what came up and those were the first few results. I remember reading a couple of them at the time, which means they likely came up in my newsfeed at the time.

I pretty much guarantee those stories would never come up on the Beeb's main news page. They'd have been buried somewhere.

Classic example, any march about BLM or Gay rights would be on the front page, but any anti lockdown rally, if it's on at all, would be buried in local London news (or wherever).

4 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

The BBC interviewer just accepted that and never asked her any questions, such as how do vaccine passports protect people if the vaccines do not actually stop transmission of Covid ? Nor did she ask her why vaccinated people should be concerned about catching Covid if the vaccines work ? Which, by definition, you must think or you would not have introduced vaccine passports. etc etc

The FM radio in my car picks up GB News.

But we are back to remembered stories about what was on the radio, and can't now be verified.

We've already been through all the stuff on vaccines and transmission, I'm not going over it again for you.