Bbc : Biased Broadcasting Corporation

13 minutes ago, Magilla said:

How many of them have come on, and flat out argued that Brexit was a mistake, or attributed the current woes (in part) to Brexit?

By any reasonable measure, it should be a significant proportion of those guests...

...the ones I've seen, none whatsoever, essentially Brexiteer love-ins where everyone is pretty much on the same page.

The presenters, not even remotely balanced, or honest. Farage being a prime example.

Try watching the channel.

Start by watching the 6pm programne.

Brexit is over and done with when you accept that it is possible to move forward, harping on about it being a mistake gets boring and is pointless.

Mr. Farage has his viewpoint as you do about matters and at least he has had the courage to stand up and fight for them instead of just moaning.

By the way I am not Conservative or Labour and do not favour things just because they suit a political bias.

Isn't evidence that covid was regarded as the underlying cause of death in 80-90% of people enough to support that.  Don't bother to tell me again you don't believe in death certificates when the 17,000 number you have been banging on about comes from, guess where?

I think more than 17,000 people died "of" Covid, but no where near the 197K (or whatever it is) that the official definition for a Covid death is.

Harford argued that the 17,000 figure was incorrect, not a difficult argument to make,  and used that, or implied that, meant almost everyone who died with the official definition of a Covid death actually died of Covid.

There is no way on  earth that 80 to 90% of people died "of" Covid. None at all. And my definition for that is they would not have died of an existing serious condition within, shall we say, a month of the date they actually did die. Though personally if they were to die of an existing serious medical condition within three months it would still be a bit of a stretch for me to put their death down as "solely from Covid".

4 hours ago, Tyke02 said:

...and so we jump to the next horse in the never ending merry go round of cut and paste...

There are a lot of "horses" around when it comes to the living nightmare that was the unprecedented government imposed suppression of society.

Edited by Chekhov

36 minutes ago, harvey19 said:

Try watching the channel.

Start by watching the 6pm programne.

I have, many times.

Am watching it now, in terms of objectivity and balance it's a real disgrace, not an ounce.

The "Great British Debate", all conservative panellists and guests, zero criticisms of any Tory policy whatsoever, best they can manage is that Rishi is a "lefty" for backstabbing Boris.

All universally condemn Starmer, for just about anything they can dream up in the moment, including that he's "boring", and "has a crap tie", and that he's loaded "like Rishi" in some bizarre false equivalence exercise. :loopy:

Could not have been more lop-sided if they tried.

Brexit is over and done with when you accept that it is possible to move forward, harping on about it being a mistake gets boring and is pointless.

GB News literally polled that question last month!

Sure, it's boring and pointless now the majority of their own viewers no longer support it, by a massive margin. :?

Regardless, clearly the answer to my question is "none"... their guest are all largely on the same page.

Mr. Farage has his viewpoint as you do about matters and at least he has had the courage to stand up and fight for them instead of just moaning.

Mr. Farage has spent his entire career moaning, it's all he does!

Mostly with "facts" he made up, or data he misrepresented entirely, as per my linked article.

By the way I am not Conservative or Labour and do not favour things just because they suit a political bias.

You're here favouring GB News, despite it having a significant conservative bias by the channels own admission! :loopy:

Edited by Magilla

I didn't hear it that way.  I can see though that you would be looking for any way to avoid accepting the logic of the arguments presented which are strong enough to stand alone anyway.

Sorry, the presenter of a statistical programme brings up his Uncle (or whoever) to personalise a story about death (basically)  and you don't think that's significant ?

Again, there are none so blind....

See, I said you couldn't see the problem with your approach and would reject anything that might help you to understand it.

Neither your answer nor Sibon's explains why, if masks make a significant difference to the spread of Covid infection, masked Scotland and Wales had worse Covid figures than unmasked England. We are, after all, talking about relatively large numbers of people in different areas of the same country :

Populations : Eng = 56.4m, Scotland = 5.5m, Wales = 3.1m

Bear in mind here that I am not even claiming that masks actually increase deaths, even if these figures hint at such a possibility.

I am not even saying they do not make any difference at all, though these figures also make that uncertain. 

I am saying they cannot make a significant difference, and certainly not enough to warrant the hugely authoritarian step which is mandating their wearing.

But, of course, we are back to the Mike Buckley point of view here, he would think (and probably some on here, though they might be reluctant to openly admit it) almost no difference would still be worth it :

(June 2021) Mike Buckley : broadcaster and Labour activist :
All secondary school pupils wearing masks would be worth it to save one life

Also see :

(6 Jan 22) Covid: Evidence on face masks in schools 'inconclusive'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-59895934

16 minutes ago, Magilla said:

You're here favouring GB News, despite it having a significant conservative bias by the channels own admission! :loopy:

The point is they are open about it, unlike the BBC and most of their Covid coverage, and, indeed, their openly Woke agenda.

Edited by Chekhov

27 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

There is no way on  earth that 80 to 90% of people died "of" Covid. None at all. And my definition for that is they would not have died of an existing serious condition within, shall we say, a month of the date they actually did die.

Yeah, Harford covered that one in June2020: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m000kdr6

30 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

There are a lot of "horses" around when it comes to the living nightmare that was the unprecedented government imposed suppression of society.

Yet none of them individually, or as a relay race, seem capable of carrying you to a conclusive argument.  Yet you still keep witching between them in hope that one of them eventually will.

27 minutes ago, Magilla said:

I have, many times.

Am watching it now, in terms of objectivity and balance it's a real disgrace, not an ounce.

The "Great British Debate", all conservative panellists and guests, zero criticisms of any Tory policy whatsoever, best they can manage is that Rishi is a "lefty" for backstabbing Boris.

All universally condemn Starmer, for just about anything they can dream up in the moment, including that he's "boring", and "has a crap tie", and that he's loaded "like Rishi" in some bizarre false equivalence exercise. :loopy:

Could not have been more lop-sided if they tried.

GB News literally polled that question last month!

Sure, it's boring and pointless now the majority of their own viewers no longer support it, by a massive margin. :?

Regardless, clearly the answer to my question is "none"... their guest are all largely on the same page.

Mr. Farage has spent his entire career moaning, it's all he does!

Mostly with "facts" he made up, or data he misrepresented entirely, as per my linked article.

My conclusion is that anything that is not pro Labour is rubbished by you.

28 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

Sorry, the presenter of a statistical programme brings up his Uncle (or whoever) to personalise a story about death (basically)  and you don't think that's significant ?

It's a distraction, you need to deal with the substance of his argument.

19 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

Neither your answer nor Sibon's explains why, if masks make a significant difference to the spread of Covid infection, masked Scotland and Wales had worse Covid figures than unmasked England.

What other factors might be involved in this outcome?  

• Like 1