Bbc : Biased Broadcasting Corporation

17 minutes ago, Mister M said:

This forum seems to have plenty of folk who spout right wing nonsense, but take umbrage at being identified as right wing.

Perhaps they should identify as Shytories instead. ;)

they should just grow ********, if your right wing, admit it, own it

44 minutes ago, Mister M said:

This forum seems to have plenty of folk who spout right wing nonsense, but take umbrage at being identified as right wing.

Perhaps they should identify as Shytories instead. ;)

27 minutes ago, PRESLEY said:

Ive noticed that they support everything Johnson does or anything Tory associated they are even in denial about all his **** ups and lies then come out with rubbish like, Im not a conservative. Very wierd. :loopy:

Wrong again, I am a Remainer and I can't stand Johnson for that, though I admit I lost a bit of my enthusiasm for the EU as their attitude to Covid suppression was even more draconian than ours. That said, being in the the EU would not necessarily have meant sticking with the EU's anti Covid strategy, after all, Sweden is in the EU......

That said, my number 1 priority now (far more important than Brexit) is that this country resists any pressure to reintroduce any anti Covid measures whatsoever and I think Johnson being PM will minimise the chances of that. So, very reluctantly, I want him to stay as PM.

Edited by Chekhov

34 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

Wrong again, I am a Remainer and I can't stand Johnson for that, though I admit I lost a bit of my enthusiasm for the EU as their attitude to Covid suppression was even more draconian than ours. That said, being in the the EU would not necessarily have meant sticking with the EU's anti Covid strategy, after all, Sweden is in the EU......

That said, my number 1 priority now (far more important than Brexit) is that this country resists any pressure to reintroduce any anti Covid measures whatsoever and I think Johnson being PM will minimise the chances of that. So, very reluctantly, I want him to stay as PM.

For somebody who craves a return to normality your obsession with possible future policies verges on hysteria.

How can anyone rule out anything without knowing what the future threats may be.

Johnson has already given the political answer that he would not rule anything out but that means little from a PM who can turn on a tanner.

What anything of this has to do with the thread subject I have no idea so I will just add that the BBC news service is second to none.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chekhov said:

Shows how wrong you are then, I am not Right wing, in fact before this May I had never even voted Tory.

I am just sick to death of :

1 - Being told what to do / stopped from doing stuff, for no proportionate reason.

2 - Woke BS. As a white middle class man in my 50s I am bottom of the pecking order. I am supposed to apologise for all the supposed advantages I and my forebears have had and be only too pleased that every other group gets preferential treatment (certainly more notice taken of) than me. Well **** that.

Both of these resonate with a lot of people, esp white working class voters who Labour must win over to stand any chance of forming a majority government. But they do not seem to be making any attempt to do so, consequently I cannot see them ever being in government again, certainly a majority government.

I suspect more notice was taken of (the now institutionalised) "me too" bias.

It's almost as if a woman who makes a complaint of anything against a man, and particularly anything which could remotely be categorised as sexual or  harassment (and I do not even know what that means now that wolf whistling is apparently sexual harassment), it is for the man to prove without any doubt that he is not guilty.

"  2"  A white middle class man in his fifties  and a white working class man in his fifties . Who would be most considered to be " bottom of the pecking order " ?  Only in Chekhovs world :suspect:

4 hours ago, Chekhov said:

...  As a white middle class man in my 50s I am bottom of the pecking order.  ...

The absolute state of this.

12 hours ago, RJRB said:

For somebody who craves a return to normality your obsession with possible future policies verges on hysteria.

How can anyone rule out anything without knowing what the future threats may be.

Johnson has already given the political answer that he would not rule anything out but that means little from a PM who can turn on a tanner.

What anything of this has to do with the thread subject I have no idea so I will just add that the BBC news service is second to none.

I was simply answering a poster who was implying I was right wing Leaver.

Chekhov said:
...  As a white middle class man in my 50s I am bottom of the pecking order.  ...

9 hours ago, Hecate said:

The absolute state of this.

What I said is undeniable, and I am not the only one to say it. But if you only ever listen to the BBC you may not have heard it.