Bbc : Biased Broadcasting Corporation

22 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

I was simply answering a poster who was implying I was right wing Leaver.

Chekhov said:
...  As a white middle class man in my 50s I am bottom of the pecking order.  ...

What I said is undeniable, and I am not the only one to say it. But if you only ever listen to the BBC you may not have heard it.

Lying again, I never mentioned you as a 'leaver'you brought up Brexit not me

1 hour ago, Chekhov said:

What I said is undeniable, and I am not the only one to say it. But if you only ever listen to the BBC you may not have heard it.

Oh, I've heard it before alright.  From bitter, entitled, whiny, selfish, middle-aged blokes just like you who are so caught up with blaming others for what they've failed to achieve in life, despite all their inherent advantages and privilege, that they can't see that the real problem is the bloke in the mirror.

4 hours ago, melthebell said:

Lying again, I never mentioned you as a 'leaver'you brought up Brexit not me

I am not lying, thought someone said it, but it doesn't really matter does it. It's not like you come up with a provable fact about something important and I call you a liar for stating it, like you have done more than once.....

3 hours ago, Hecate said:

Oh, I've heard it before alright.  From bitter, entitled, whiny, selfish, middle-aged blokes just like you who are so caught up with blaming others for what they've failed to achieve in life, despite all their inherent advantages and privilege, that they can't see that the real problem is the bloke in the mirror.

I have to say I think you are being personal and offensive, but whatever, people resorting to that are invariably losing the argument, so :

I am more than happy with what I have achieved in life. Why do you think I am not ?

What inherent advantages and privilege have I had ?

I went to a comprehensive, bought my own house, set up my own business and bought my shop through my own hard work plus taking the odd calculated risk. What's more I did it using my own money, i.e.  not with any help from anyone else, like a load of dosh from rich parents. Not that I object to the latter, just so long as the tax is paid on it.

Edited by Chekhov

8 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

I am more than happy with what I have achieved in life. Why do you think I am not ?

Because your posts are a constant parade of whines, bleats and gripes culminating in the frankly hilarious complaint that apparently due to some nebulous 'wokeness' every other group gets better treatment than you, a member of that most downtrodden of demographics, and perpetual dweller at the bottom of pecking orders, the white middle class bloke.

8 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

What inherent advantages and privilege have I had ? ...

You poor wee soul.  I'm going to print that quote out and frame it as a classic of its kind. 

2 hours ago, Chekhov said:

I am not lying, thought someone said it, but it doesn't really matter does it. It's not like you come up with a provable fact about something important and I call you a liar for stating it, like you have done more than once.....

I have to say I think you are being personal and offensive, but whatever, people resorting to that are invariably losing the argument, so :

What inherent advantages and privilege have I had ?

I went to a comprehensive, bought my own house, set up my own business and bought my shop through my own hard work plus taking the odd calculated risk. What's more I did it using my own money, i.e.  not with any help from anyone else, like a load of dosh from rich parents. Not that I object to the latter, just so long as the tax is paid on it.

Chekhov said:

2 hours ago, Hecate said:

You poor wee soul.  I'm going to print that quote out and frame it as a classic of its kind. 

So you haven't answered the question, and been personal and unpleasant again.

Just so we know.

2 hours ago, Hecate said:

Because your posts are a constant parade of whines, bleats and gripes culminating in the frankly hilarious complaint that apparently due to some nebulous 'wokeness' every other group gets better treatment than you, a member of that most downtrodden of demographics, and perpetual dweller at the bottom of pecking orders, the white middle class bloke.

This is BS and you know it.

Various groups are now considered special cases deserving of special treatment, read bias.

Take crime for instance, there are so many groups where the crime is considered more serious and therefore more deserving of investigation and then increased punishment (e.g. racist, homophobic, transphobic, and the latest suggestion, misogynistic et etc. Particularly if the latter ever gets off the ground (aren't Labour are in favour ? ) that we will already be past the point where the majority of crimes fall into said categories. Therefore, crimes against white heterosexual males will, officially, be less serious. That's just a statistical fact.

25 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

Chekhov said:

So you haven't answered the question, and been personal and unpleasant again.

Just so we know.

17 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

This is BS and you know it.

Various groups are now considered special cases deserving of special treatment, read bias.

Take crime for instance, there are so many groups where the crime is considered more serious and therefore more deserving of investigation and then increased punishment (e.g. racist, homophobic, transphobic, and the latest suggestion, misogynistic et etc. Particularly if the latter ever gets off the ground (aren't Labour are in favour ? ) that we will already be past the point where the majority of crimes fall into said categories. Therefore, crimes against white heterosexual males will, officially, be less serious. That's just a statistical fact.

Behold, the straight white middle-class male.  So downtrodden.  Much misery.  So oppressed.  Woe is he.  Sadness.  

This is really quite delightful.  I'm now absolutely convinced that this is a parody account.  Bravo, SF overlords!  I applaud your dedication to the amusement of SF members. 

18 minutes ago, Hecate said:

Behold, the straight white middle-class male.  So downtrodden.  Much misery.  So oppressed.  Woe is he.  Sadness.  

This is really quite delightful.  I'm now absolutely convinced that this is a parody account.  Bravo, SF overlords!  I applaud your dedication to the amusement of SF members. 

Say what you like, what I say below is true, and you still haven't answered the question what inherent advantages and privilege have I had ?

46 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

So this is parody is it ? :

Make misogyny a hate crime, Labour MP says
Proposal could allow gender-based abuse to influence sentencing like race or religion

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/misogyny-hate-crime-labour-b1817565.html

Green paper calls for misogyny to be made hate crime and bans on street harassment and sex-for-rent

Labour would create a slew of new offences concerning violence against women and girls, including prohibiting street harassment, making misogyny a hate crime and banning sex-for-rent.

The proposals also include introducing criminal sanctions for tech executives who do not act fast enough to remove misogynistic abuse on their platforms, building on previous proposals from the party to tackle online hate speech.

The party has published its own version of a government green paper to highlight what it says are inadequacies in the police, crime, sentencing and courts bill and in the Queen’s speech.

https://www.theguardian.com/law/2021/may/16/labour-proposes-new-offences-for-violence-against-women-and-girls

If Misogyny is made a hate crime then surely misandry (hatred of men)  should also be one, and then everything will be a hate crime and, err, we're back to a level playing field.

Edited by Chekhov

5 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

Say what you like, what I say below is true, and you still haven't answered the question what inherent advantages and privilege have I had ?

The advantages and privileges of a straight white middle class male?  Hmmm.  Let me have a think.  Not being a straight white middle class male myself I don't think I can do the question the proper justice that a straight white middle class male could. I might have to ask another straight white middle class male.  Give me a minute while I consult the straight white middle class male who's currently in the kitchen making me a coffee.  Being a straight white middle class male he might be able to give me some advice. 

Do any other straight white middle class males want to chime in too?   We really can't hear from too many straight white middle class males, as the views of straight white middle class males are shamefully under-represented and seldom expressed in today's society that's so dreadfully oppressive of straight white middle class males.

3 minutes ago, Hecate said:

The advantages and privileges of a straight white middle class male?  Hmmm.  Let me have a think.  Not being a straight white middle class male myself I don't think I can do the question the proper justice that a straight white middle class male could. I might have to ask another straight white middle class male.  Give me a minute while I consult the straight white middle class male who's currently in the kitchen making me a coffee.  Being a straight white middle class male he might be able to give me some advice. 

Do any other straight white middle class males want to chime in too?   We really can't hear from too many straight white middle class males, as the views of straight white middle class males are shamefully under-represented and seldom expressed in today's society that's so dreadfully oppressive of straight white middle class males.

Claptrap, stick to the point, why have I been able to do all this whereas I could not if I was not white, or not a man or whatever : I went to a comprehensive, bought my own house, set up my own business and bought my shop through my own hard work plus taking the odd calculated risk. What's more I did it using my own money, i.e.  not with any help from anyone else, like a load of dosh from rich parents. Not that I object to the latter, just so long as the tax is paid on it.

Edited by Chekhov